NOo...

QQ
edited December 2004 in Software
Roelof J. Engelbrecht (The SETI Spy dude) is dead... ::(::cry::crybaby:

-Q

Comments

• OMG NO@

I cant believe that incredible program is going to die :(
  • The sources are open, maybe someone else will step up...?

-Q
  • Well, since SETI@home is dying (thanks alot, BOINC) I guess there wont be a need for SETI Spy much longer, unless they keep SETI@home AND the new one.
  • What does SETI Spy do again?
  • The author is dead but the program is not!
    CuZ Good creations live forever!
  • Well, since SETI@home is dying (thanks alot, BOINC) I guess there wont be a need for SETI Spy much longer, unless they keep SETI@home AND the new one.

Who is BOINC???
  • It's the base for the new version of SETI, sometime soon the old version wont be supported anymore.

-Q
  • so... there might... not be... a seti@.. ho..ho..home?!?

Or does that mean that there is going to be a new direction for seti/

STUPID BOINK!!!!
  • SETI@Home, Folding@Home and all the other and future "@Home"s (Except Mentals) are going to be based on "BOINC" (Berkekly[sic] Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (Yes it's yet ANOTHER forced acronym)), which according to Fish, sucks.

-Q
  • It seriously looked like it was straight out of Windes. It didnt even have the GUI thing that shows it working, just some craptacular % complete bar. Plus, its not going to measure workunits, its going to measure total hours... in other words, someone could bring out some old 386s and make it look like they run S@H alot, only because they put in quite a few hours on those.
  • Damn! What a crappy theme like from Trillian3...
  • Simple put, BOINC sucks. I've tried it. Slower, and looks crappy.
    The reg/original SETI@Home is way better.

~Duff
  • Slash wrote:
    Damn! What a crappy theme like from Trillian3...

Uhh.... the theme used by most programs is the windows default.... I'm using a theme called "Watercolor" from XP betas.
  • I belive Tril uses something called "Watercolor" which looks ALOT like it.

-Q
  • I'm using a theme called "Watercolor" from XP betas.

• I'm explaining it to Slash who said it looked like Tril.

-Q
  • Slash wrote:
    Damn! What a crappy theme like from Trillian3...

Uhh.... the theme used by most programs is the windows default.... I'm using a theme called "Watercolor" from XP betas.
    I think it's a bit ugly, isn't it?
  • Watch out, its the same theme that Tomchu has :P
  • i like it. its not too bold and in-your-face like luna is but it isnt boring like the classic one
  • In my opinion, all themes are quite possible for entertaining purposes, for example, when you use your PC for watching videos...
    But classic is more serious for such important work like using your PC as a workstation or as a server.

My machine is a workstation, so no themez there!