Longhorn transformation pack.... is it any good/?

edited December 2004 in Software
Sup fellas, im dling well you know, and im wondering is it any good, i mean its stable right, not gonna screws up my com is it? What all does it do.

Comments

• I have no idea, I've never even heard of it.

-Q
  • isnt that the thing that turns xp into a longhorn looking thing. Where do you get that anyway?
  • www.soft32.com/download_3720.html

neato. I am going to have to try that.
  • well i have just installed it and in my opinion i think its pretty damn cool, but i like all the flashy visual effects you guys will have to see it for yourself
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I for one, don't really like anything but the "Classic" look, so I'm just sticking with what I get when I stop the Themes service.

-Q
  • I hate that silly thing.
    Because I can't stand all eye candy that comes with XP, not even talking about Longhorn.
  • Yeah, going to stay away from this one. The classic look is what I use. In longhorn the classic look doesn't quite seem right though....
  • The explorer in Longhorn is ugly... in classic or not in classic, anyway...
  • Slash wrote:
    The explorer in Longhorn is ugly... in classic or not in classic, anyway...
    Yeah it isn't quite what they say it is, mainly because not many people have the video cards and processors longhorn is supposedly being designed to run on.
    If the OS is stable and does what I need it to do, I can overlook any graphical uglyness. Hey, any idea what the last real LH build was? I sorta lost track after 4074, but something about 4088 and something 409x screenshots appearing.
  • I think the last known build was 4074.
  • I've heard something about build 4083 but the OS Checklist says the latest is 4074
    So I believe this more.
  • Yeah, and I've heard that any newer builds are going to be harder to get hold of, and longer wait times between them.
  • And what can you say about this?
    http://thelonghorn.ru/tmpdir/b4098/scrn
    It seems to be build 4098!
  • That doesn't mean it's a real build though... heh.... my school network blocks that site. Must be some word in the title of that page that's picked up, of course I can't tell, as the network timed out telling me that I can't view that page (which probably timed out on top of the timing out)
  • error 404
  • Maybe your router blocks is because of the work "w@r3z" in meta tags? :)
  • Slash wrote:
    Maybe your router blocks is because of the work "w@r3z" in meta tags? :)
    Yeah, that's probably what the school blocks. They block almost every (english) form of AIM/AOL also.... plus AIM doesn't connect, but aim express does.
  • Slash wrote:
    And what can you say about this?
    http://thelonghorn.ru/tmpdir/b4098/scrn
    It seems to be build 4098!

damn. i need to learn how to read russian (fail)
  • babelfish.altavista.com use that to translate foreign sites for you!
  • babelfish.altavista.com use that to translate foreign sites for you!

Sweet Dude !! Thanks!!! (woot)
  • well....its interesting.

The side bar in Longhorn is alot better than the one that comes with the pack, however I really like the dark theme it came with. the slate xp one. its awsome.
  • Or! Even better! Translate Extention for Firefox! I use that to read "Time is Omsk".

-Q
  • Are there such extensions for Opera?
    I wish to use it to translate some spanish and french sites...
  • Keep in mind it'll most likely be based on Google or Altavista, both Systran (I think). They're the ppl who screwewd your homepage and MrMacs IM log.

-Q
  • I agree, but it's better to look at screwed English then at Spanish that I don't know.
  • I'm beginning to like this Longhorn transformation I did... I let it change all me shell icons to longhorn ones. Also it has great themes from all the longhorn builds to date. I would recommend this to anyone who wants it.
  • wtf? longhorn looks like shit ATM i think ill stay with wot ive got at the moment
  • no i won't recommend to use that to anyone unless you are a 10 year old retard or a girl...