DSO Exploit

edited December 2004 in Software
I use Spybot and every time I check for problems it comes up with "DSO Exploit" in the following places:
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3
HKEY_USERS\<loads of numbers>\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Comments

• Those keys are by Microsoft. They won't let you remove them. Even I can't remove them...
  • It was a bug in Internet Exploder but was recently fixed in some hotfix. That patrick kollabear dude who makes spybot has got to fix that in his program.
  • is that the one where if u view a certain JPEG it crashes IE?
  • BOD wrote:
    is that the one where if u view a certain JPEG it crashes IE?
    No... that was GDI+ flaws. The DSO is some exploit found in various windows versions, forgot what it was, but it's easily findable on google.
  • Am I the only one who will use Google!!!!!

http://www.pchell.com/support/dsoexploit.shtml
  • "kollabear", LoL!

I've noticed that they don't go away. He needs to detect whether or not the systems updated and act accordingly.

-Q

PS. Guess what BCC is sticking on all their new machines :wink:
  • Speaking of BCC, I think I now know what town you're in, and their site has really poor javascript.
  • I take no responsibility for their site. It seems to work in Ffx, but I don't know how valid it is.

-Q

PS. You know nothing.
  • Topher wrote:
    Am I the only one who will use Google!!!!!
    no. me use google too.
  • my homepage is google
  • I think everyone uses Google, the question is: When and for what reasons do you use Google?

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    I take no responsibility for their site. It seems to work in Ffx, but I don't know how valid it is.

-Q

PS. You know nothing.

I meant the huge pause between hovering over a menu and the entries appearing.

Besides, I think I only know the county you live in. :P
  • Well, the country souldn't be TOO hard :wink:

-Q
  • County vs. country. Sometimes one letter can make the difference. :P
  • Geh. Well, yes, but's the by far the biggest of all NJs counties, so you'll have some work still...

-Q
  • i found two bccs so its close.
  • Either that or Q lives near a Borland C Compiler...