CD-RW

edited December 2004 in Software
Is their a cdrw driver for dos anyware on the internet.... Or is such a thig impossable?

Comments

• I think you can use the Oak CD-ROM driver and then use that DOS CD Burner program. Forget the name, something along the lines of toast....

If that doesn't work with the Oak driver (off Win98 bootdisk) I can probably check my OEM CD and see if they'll work with all drives.
  • On some CD burners, there is a disc that comes with Nero, most likely, if you have that OEM disk, there is a DOS driver made for that exact type of CD-RW, i doubt there being a generic DOS driver though.
  • http://www.freeweb.hu/doscdroast/

Try that. I heard of it a while back in my search for drivers and such for my AMD K5.
  • On some CD burners, there is a disc that comes with Nero, most likely, if you have that OEM disk, there is a DOS driver made for that exact type of CD-RW, i doubt there being a generic DOS driver though.

Yeah, I got a CD like that. It's Nero, InCD, and Drivers on a CD.
  • All you need is a compatable CD-ROM drivers for DOS, MSCDEX and CDrWin for DOS. Worked fine for my old old fileserver that had a 1x CD-RW drive. Yes I used DOS for my old fileserver back in the day.