A question about Hotmail

edited December 2004 in Software
Yeah, I want to use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email, but I need to know the incoming (pop3) and the outgoing (smtp) for Hotmail. I'm not liking Outlook Express and I do not know the server information for hotmail. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.

Comments

• i dont think hotmail has pop access
  • BOD wrote:
    i dont think hotmail has pop access

Ok.... if it didn't, you wouldn't be able to use it through OE.... So If I could, but I can't, I would go into the outlook express programs and registry and look for it, but I ain't that advanced in computers and XP.
  • Id like the same for Yahoo...
  • outlook doesnt use pop for hotmail it usees some othere protocol
  • From what I've heard you can only access Hotmail in OE or on the site.

-Q
  • just copy the thing shown in OE... and paste... into thunderbird...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • isnt it some wierd http like protocol?
  • i like hotmails "spam filter" LOL
  • Tomchu wrote:
    I believe so, but I'm not too sure. All I know is that it was almost as slow as Fedora Core on a PII-350. LOL

Let me rephrase that: It was as slow as Fedora Core on any system. :P
  • BOD wrote:
    i like hotmails "spam filter" LOL

It's like... not there... LOL
  • smg wrote:
    BOD wrote:
    i like hotmails "spam filter" LOL

It's like... not there... LOL
    Yeah, I have a hotmail account just for the use of getting spam sent to it. Keep my other e-mail addresses from getting flooded with crap whenever I have to enter an e-mail to get into a site.
  • Use yahoo! It's great.
  • I have a yahoo account also... I use it too, it has much nicer spam filters.
  • I get absolutely almost no spam spam spam.
  • Use Russian Hotmail.Ru and the following pop/smtp:
    pop.newmail.ru
    smtp.newmail.ru
  • You still get the spam there?
  • one day i wil set up a hotmail account, and tick all the privacy boxes, the wait to see how much spam i get then
  • Yahoos pretty good with SPAM I find, I've never tried Hotmail.

-Q
  • My @sbcglobal.net email addresses are on yahoo svrs, i have the "nospam plus" thing or whatever it is, and it does a really good job.

Gmail is good too.

Hotmail, oh my god the number of penis enlargement ads i got when i was 9.
  • Problem is, I can't use my sbcglobal.net address with Thunderbird, so Gmail it is.
  • Hotmail suxx... when we got the Sony P4 it came with MSN or something... god I had spam in like two days because similar to Toph, my MSN addy was on Hotmail servers.
  • heh... when we first ordered cable, they asked us to create a master e-mail address.... before we were even connected the account already had a few pages of spam.... WE HADN'T EVEN LOGGED IN ONCE YET!!! So obviously cox's mail is relatively not so good with spam, in fact this summer they added some spam thing... but I never bothered, as I don't use my cox address for anything.
  • holy shite , i have the same problem getting hotmail on thunderbird, it is cause of the stupid http protocol that TB doesnt have :( if only if i could get a gmail addy
  • I KNOW ppl here have invites...

-Q
  • can anyone here give me an invite pleaseeee~~ :D
  • Check your PM's, NA666.
  • BOD wrote:
    one day i wil set up a hotmail account, and tick all the privacy boxes, the wait to see how much spam i get then
    I have mine set up that way Bod. It will only accept
    mail from the addresses in my address book. The
    only spam I get is from Hotmail and MSN. I seldom use it though and am just keeping it for family and
    a few friends as a backup. It works fine as a backup
    but I can't use it to sign up for anything.

Thump