wtf? this is crazy

BODBOD
edited December 2004 in Hardware
ok so after like 2.5 months my laptop decides to work, before nothing would happen and it'd sit there, i turned it on a minute ago and it.... booted... its now halfway throuhg setting up XP :?

Comments

• dont you love tech stuff!!! well I am glad it is working for you
  • yay it works now :D all i need to do is go on a massive downloading spree to get all my stuff
  • It happens quite a lot. I got that with old amps. Sometimes the just sit there and does nothing, and then you turn it on after years of not being used and itll fire up right away. I had it recently with an old Philips phono/amp combo. I found it somewhere at the attic, and my parents said theyd put it away because it didnt work anymore. I connected a set of 1977 ITT Synton speakers to it and turned it on. It worked perfectly, and it hadnt been used for over 15 years!
  • I've given away stuff that i thought was worthless because it didn't work. Then the next day the person that I gave the item to would say "Dude! you said it was broken but it works just fine." I had a distortion pedal for my bass guitar. It stoped working. I ended up rewireing the whole thing and still it didn't work. I gave it to a friend of mine that wanted to build his own pedal and use my old pedal's case and pots. Well he tryed out the pedal before he took it apart and come to find out it still worked.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    I've given away stuff that i thought was worthless because it didn't work. Then the next day the person that I gave the item to would say "Dude! you said it was broken but it works just fine." I had a distortion pedal for my bass guitar. It stoped working. I ended up rewireing the whole thing and still it didn't work. I gave it to a friend of mine that wanted to build his own pedal and use my old pedal's case and pots. Well he tryed out the pedal before he took it apart and come to find out it still worked.

LOL sods law
  • miracles happen...
  • the hdd is still f***ed tho but im guna get a 40GB for it soon
  • my tobitia refuses to even start for the past 6 months, should i try again?
    and it did not start up again, i think the mainboards shit now, no fans no nothing, and its plugged in too.
  • I wish that would be the same case with my vpr Matrix Laptop that was sitting there for what 2 years come christmas

I know this is quere, but some times I go and try to turn it on every month hopeing it will turn on, and i could hear the fans