FishNET and Q's IIS Adventures!

2»

Comments

• Bottom line, IIS sucks, and AWS is a nice webserver, may not be the best, but it's a [CS]load better then Internet Irritation Server.

-Q
  • IIS ran OK for me on NT4 once.

BUT, I tried it in 2000 and it was SHIT. Took 100% CPU usage on a 400MHz, I know 400MHz wasnt exactly state of the art in 2000, but I think an internet server should be able to use less than 100% CPU usage.
  • IIS 6 is a _very_ nice web server. You kiddies probably shouldn't bother trying to run it on your 400 MHz systems though.
  • T0mchu wrote:
    IIS 6 is a _very_ nice web server. You kiddies probably shouldn't bother trying to run it on your 400 MHz systems though.

I had a bad experience because it was a 100MHz :P
  • You ran IIS 6 on a 100MHz? What...thats Windows XP!
  • ....Ive stated several times that I ran XP on a 100MHz / 64MB.
  • I know, but WHY
  • I'm staying away from Internet Irritation Server, no matter WHAT any of you say.

-Q
  • Yeah, that's fine. It's your choice. :P

I'm just trying to defend it from people who don't know the first thing about it. :P
  • Q wrote:
    Internet Irritation Server

Another crafty product name.
    T0mchu wrote:
    Yeah, that's fine. It's your choice. :P

I'm just trying to defend it from people who don't know the first thing about it. :P

Please, not another fight!
  • I ain't fighting.

That was my last statement in this whole thing.
  • Erm... right... smelled like your usual recipe for disaster to me....
  • Only because everyone here is braced for it so tightly that they snap at any little whiff of it. ;)
  • For good reason, I think.

-Q
  • Mhmmm..... sure, whatever, Tommy. We're just prepared.

<b>P</b>roper <b>P</b>rior <b>P</b>lanning <b>P</b>revents <b>P</b>iss <b>P</b>oor <b>P</b>erformance