trillian problems

BODBOD
edited December 2004 in Software
ive got this problem with trillian. when im using the M$N account on it it never seems to send messges to people, i can't even send between my laptop and my dekstop, yet the other accounts on trillian work. if i use windows messenger i can send betweem them properly.

any ideas cos im stuffed :?

Comments

• what version are you using?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have had no prob's with Trillian and MSN. (wrong)
  • I have so i whipped out windows messenger.
  • A lot better than MSN 6.2 or 7 beta and its a hell of a lot useful than trillian right now, cuz it can actually IM!
  • Topher wrote:
    I have so i whipped out windows messenger.
    WTF? Windows Messenger?

At LEAST use MSN messenger.

@ Tom that was a little mean but still funny as hell.
  • thanks guys, i just upgraded trillian and i can IM people now
  • Maybe I should upgrade mine.... let's check what is my version... ah 3.0.947
    Is it old?
  • They have build 967 out now.

Trillian is a good program, but still bulky and buggy. It still has some missing features from old versions (like idle control) and no one on their forums seems helpful.
  • if he means setting u as away when you're not at the computer for a certain amount of time... then wtf? that works fine
  • Which is the best?
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Idle control? What do you mean exactly?

In an ancient release of Trillian, you could control you idling on AIM based on when you type text rather than when you used your computer. Now adays everyone on AIM talks while away, so idleness is one of the few things that shows if you are available or not.

I've never gotten it to work past that old verion (.637) and my posts on their forums are either ignored or belittled.
    Which is the best?

As of right now, I'm using Gaim. It's great and has lots of features. The only problems with it is that it's not skinnable and is a bit buggy.
  • No, I mean Trillian version? Im using 3.0 build 967 now and its good.
  • I have 3.0 Pro build 967 as well, and it is probably the best and most stable one, though still with some issues.
  • Like what?
  • Each build fixes a few bugs. Random things I've noticed are just quirks in the interface and idling on AIM that doesn't work. It also doesn't display how long anyone has been idle using AIM.

Overall it's the least buggy of all though.
  • I think it's very good. Last time I used Tril it was some 0.74a or something and that was really sucking.
  • thats the basic version
  • Is it? I DLed it today the 3.0.
  • no the 0.74 is basic version and its crap, you cant do anything with it
  • namnl_s.JPG

is it? This is 3.0 build 967 basic..
  • no i mean the 0.74 version is the old basic and you coulent do anything with it
  • yea, I know.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Idle has always worked fine for me in all Trillian versions.

Consider yourself lucky. :cool:

I've heard some say it works great, others say it won't work at all for them. I seem to be in the latter group.