finally!

BODBOD
edited December 2004 in Software
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4117217.stm

aparently they're gonna release a version of windows WITHOUT medial player

Comments

• Finally, now all they have got to do is make a windows without IE, OE, and WMP.
  • er... WMP is being removed..... new years i think... well maby not this new years
  • Yeah I heard about this on the news earlier. Id like to see a totally NT based OS come out soon. Like NT 4 was, TOTALLY built in itself, no IE required.
  • yeh but that aint gonna happen, cos er... how u gonna get ffx on there in the rfirst place?
  • Topher, wait for ReactOS to get to 1.0, they'll be what you're looking for. One could probably easily modify the installation files to include FFX.
  • Ummm, dont you mean Fish niteice?

i never posted in here.
  • Never mind, you used to have that avatar. Quite confusing when everybody changes theirs overnight.
  • yup. he STOLE my avatar.

Well not really , i had the Athlon XP, he has a plain Athlon.
  • AHh the EU comes through! I had heard about this and then up and forgot it. Nice job!
    BBC wrote:
    The Commission also called for Microsoft to reveal key parts of its software code to enable other software and hardware manufacturers to more easily develop products that work with Windows.

Wonder what those "key parts" are?

-Q

PS. I'll bet this ver of Windows is going to the most pirated.

PPS. I wonder if they're gonna somehow stop you from installing it on non EU country computers?
  • ReactOS is nice. Kinda has a limited software use. I remember seeing a little hack that lets you uninstall WMP . I'm waiting for SkyOS to become final and give it a try, it looks promissing.
  • Reactos that shit, tried it on the mactop in vpc and it dosent have anything in it...waste of time

skyos ...who the hell is goona use that
  • Winboy, remember that ReactOS is nowhere near done.
  • i know but they could at least add a program or 2, its so bare, why even release something thats not done?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • yea i know there rewriting NT , and i know its far from done, but are they releasing it just to show us with it will be like?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • good god!

These avatars are driving me nuts! I cant tell some of you apart!

Anyway...hmph. I actually use WMP for things (*gasp* someone does?) Not for music, but I like it better for DVD's and video.
  • James Babb wrote:
    good god!

These avatars are driving me nuts! I cant tell some of you apart!

Anyway...hmph. I actually use WMP for things (*gasp* someone does?) Not for music, but I like it better for DVD's and video.
    Yeah, I navigated though threads by looking at avatars.... at least when I don't see one it's a bit more likely to be myself. And I too use WMP, I have 9 on my dell. I have seen 10 and see no need for it, there aren't any media player 10 codecs that I know of so nothing new has been added to WMF. My mini has..6.4 installed, with the 9.0 codecs package installed, so it does all the things the new ones can, minus the tons of addons.
  • Babb's right change the avatars to something individual!
  • smg wrote:
    Babb's right change the avatars to something individual!
    Eh... maybe it's just a phase... or that they are getting bored....