Forced Login in Win9x

edited January 2005 in Software
I can't seem to figure out how to force users to login into windows 9x. I don't want anyone to break into my laptop by pressing Esc or pressing cancel. Is there something that will enable this?

Comments

• Windows NT. :P
  • there IS a way cos my school used ot have it, i think its in the registry somewhere
  • Use Windows Networking login and check the box in the properties.
  • There is a way I remember, you have to make users and add the logoff command to the default user, or something like that. I forget the exact process.

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/629/

That'll tell you

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You don't have to login on 9x at all, you can press cancel on logon screen and skip logon procedure...
    Even Calmira is more secure this way...
  • there is a way, its called rm window box or something, my primary school used it, you HAD to have a password to use windows, workd with 3.1 if i remember right
  • Perhaps in a logon script? If they try to cancel, run a logon script that logs them off...but I don't think you can run one of those without logging on...maybe set a program to run that logs them off when the default user (or none) gets to the desktop?
  • it was a really customised version of 98, like there was no cancel button, the whole thing looked like an NT logon screen....

im lookin on google now
  • It sounds like something that would come as an "Extra" for corporate users along with something like Directory Svcs clients for 9x. It could be a 3rdparty thing too though :/

-Q
  • Theres an option in the network settings if you select the domain logon. And you can logon using local users if you don't put in a domain.
  • I think that unofficial SP2 for Win98 fixes some logon issues.