WakeUp Settings for Standby

edited January 2005 in Software
How can I set up settings for standby so you need to hit a key on the keyboard rather than move the mouse to wake it up... I want to do this because rather than shutting my PC off at night, I just put it to sleep, but in the middle of the night when someone walks across the room it wakes up. OS: Windows XP

Nick

Comments

• Go into device manager, look at your mouse, go to the power management tab then look for the setting that lets the device take it out of standbye.
  • I cant find a power managment tab anywhere in my mouse thing... But I installed the drivers that came with the mouse and Keyboard: Logitech Wireless PS/2 Drivers
  • Try to use Mouse Control Panel, There you click Hardware, then Properties, then check what Steve said.
  • I dont have that... It's a custom Logitech Control Panel with Quick Setup, Pointers, Buttons, Motion, Cordless, and Devices all with nothing to do with power managment...
  • Why not to install default windows drivers?
  • The mfgr ones are usually better (Or so I'm told, I haven't noticed a real difference (Or maybe I have))?

-Q
  • Usually but not always.
    I have a 5 button mouse and I cannot bind 4 and 5 buttons in games when using drivers from manufactor.
    They work when using default MS ones...
  • Logi's Control Panel tells me the Batery Condition, so that's why I use it... Right Now it's at Critical. Would rechargable have the same life or would I have to swap them ever day?
  • Rechargables are usually the same life, but sometimes they get longer lifespans. Or is it higher voltage..I'll have to get back on this.

But more or less, you won't notice a difference.
  • why not flip your mouse upside down? I did that for a while with my optical mouse, and before i had a password on my computer.
  • Probably not higher voltage...