(386)Enhh? phpOMG BB!

QQ
edited January 2005 in Software

Comments

• So is it possible to get phpBB 3.0 codename olympus and test it?
  • **tch faints when reads the article title**

*zap*

*zap*

ok, that was a little... suprising of the title.
    I wonder when they plan to release it, it would be nice to know...
  • Ok... I'm lost... why did you put 386 in the title?
  • Cuz that is shocking... like 386Enh mode in old days...
  • "Enh" is a interjection, like "What?", the 386 is just because "386Enh" is a section in WIN.INI!

Anyway some of these features bear close scrutiny and thought. Fish (And the rest of us will have to test out).

-Q
  • I can't wait for php bb 3 comes out... and better, hopefully my webhost will put the new phpbb in fantastico.
  • Still, some things I'm not sure about, like "Warning system" ?! We DON'T need this board to turn into an AIM chatroom.

-Q
  • oooooooooo.....

We could all gang up on someone for a day and continualy warn them on a forum.
  • James Babb wrote:
    oooooooooo.....

We could all gang up on someone for a day and continualy warn them on a forum.

Erm, babb, i think everyone would do that on you.
  • Q wrote:
    Still, some things I'm not sure about, like "Warning system" ?! We DON'T need this board to turn into an AIM chatroom.

-Q

Now if they only had a blocking feature (if you set for example joe123 to block, you cannot read posts by joe123, unless you unblock him)

Is there going to be a post report thing, where members can report a post if they find it offensive?
  • You can do that already. (fail)
  • its called IM/PM an admin/mod :P
  • there is a mod that can allow ignore person thing.......
  • I think we already decided against that. You can't have a good forum where there's a huge confusing mess of ppl who don't see other ppl. You'll end up with like 5 exact same answers to a question and just as many sub-converstations to the thread that everyone'll see differently.

-Q
  • Yea. Shouldn't this be in Servers, not Apps?
  • OMG

phpBB is an application, not server software. (fail)
  • its a little of both actually
  • It's a misfit, it's not really for either.

Anyway, I just dropped it in here for ppl to discuss, not argue over proper placement of.

-Q
  • So, they want to say there'll be NO 2.2?
    Or the features of 2.2 will be merged in 3.0?
  • 2.x will still be maintained, but 3.0 will be the new release. Kinda like the relationship between FreeBSD 4 and 5.
  • James Babb wrote:
    its a little of both actually

Server software = software required to setup a server

phpBB = software that runs on a server

;)
  • OK I'm tired of hearing this absolutely almost pointless argument. Anyone else posts some "This is/isn't in Apps" it gets deleted.

-Q
  • I dont see whats so bad about a new thing
  • I still think Fish should give it a test run and we fully check it out before upgrading this board to it.

-Q
  • Is there a beta I can download?
  • They are not saying there about version 3.x
    They only allow to download 2.1 which seems to be almost like 2.0.11
  • Think. The newest version is 2.0.11.

What version on that page would come after 2.0.11?

LOL