longhorn release list leaked!

edited January 2005 in Software
Here is it!
Longhorn Beta 1 code complete- March 16, 2005
Longhorn Beta 1 internal release and domain rollout - April 2005 Longhorn Beta 2 (and product) code complete
- July 1, 2005 Longhorn Beta 2 internal release - Q3 2005 Longhorn Beta 2 public release - September 2005
(PDC 2005) Longhorn Release Candidate 0 (RC0) internal release - Q4 2005 Longhorn Release Candidate 1 (RC1)
internal release - March 2006 Longhorn release to manufacturing (RTM) - May 2006

Comments

• A) Where did this come from?
    B) What's to keep them from delaying sth AGAIN?

-Q
  • This came from Netz.Ru forums...

Dunno, but there is a rumor that RC0 is already released, but it's kept in high secret. Smells like bullshit, but who knows?
  • RC0??? I thought they started at 1... I would expect MS to release a real beta sometime soon, march seems like a nice date, though they probably will push it back. Does anyone know if anything higher then 4074 (PDC) is real?
  • 408x for 64-bit is real.
  • I have yet to run it ::( I need VMware 5...

-Q
  • wait...there's a new version of vmware out?
  • Why don't you people use VPC?
  • Some people just like VMWare's interface, i like VMWare because the virtual machines are a little... expandable, you can have a few cdroms mounted, floppy drives, and so on...
  • I would love to try 4083 but dont yet have a 64 bit machine/processor. For anyone thats tried it does it still use the slate theme and the weird leaf background.

Richard
  • I think someone said that 4083 is a fake.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think this has been leaked elsewhere (supersite i think).
  • hmmm is longhorn going to be call winfx when is released?
  • chigowolfs wrote:
    hmmm is longhorn going to be call winfx when is released?
    its going to be called FT (aka fuck this or Future technolgy) edition if i heard correctly LOL j/k
  • I thought it was Windows Fucked Them...
  • Windows FuckThis: a threat to hackers and crackers who want to fuck with windows
    also a warning to pirates with thier bullshit DRM scheme they are planning to include.
  • I've heard it will be Windows 2006
  • How about Windows XXP (eXtra eXPerierenced)
  • Here's a guess answer that I think will be correct:
    chigowolf asked:
    "hmmm is longhorn going to be call winfx when is released?"
    No.
    "I've heard it will be Windows 2006"
    No.
    I'm going out on a limb here so remind me later if I'm wrong.
    guzzle.gif
    Thump
    12:45 AM 1/19/2005
  • James Babb wrote:
    How about Windows XXP (eXtra eXPerierenced)
    or eXtra eXPlosive
    or eXtra eXPlosions
    or eXtra eXPensive. :twisted: :twisted:
  • "eXtended ePenis" ?

-Q

PS. That is the most annoying phrase, I can't beleive I just used it.
  • I think it will have nothing common with XP because it will use a very different 6.0 kernel..
  • Slash wrote:
    I think it will have nothing common with XP because it will use a very different 6.0 kernel..

i doubt it...

Look at windows XP and windows 95... (not the best choice, but shows MS never drops every idea) the start menu concept, in windows xp it is improved, windows xp also has the control panel, and taskbar, and my computer, and alot of stuff... NOw look at Windows XP and 2000, almost the same, but XP is improved with a improved GUI, start menu, and other things...
  • XP has an improved gui and start menu? LOL
  • in a way......

well, the all programs menu thing is sorta convient, has my frequently used programs on the left...

and the GUI... well to some people it is better...
    not me that is....
  • nightice wrote:
    XP has an improved gui and start menu? LOL
    For me old start menu is better... whatever they say that new was improved...
    OMG new start menu takes a quarter of screen at 1024x768