Post your harddrives/partitions....

2»

Comments

• That's Dell's crazy diagnostic parition. When the hippy kid (nice guy tho) came to replace my motherboard the first time, he asked if I had reformatted. When I said yes he asked if I had deleted the 32MB partition, because they have to run these diagnostics programs that are in there. Supposedly a pretty good diag package according to him.
  • O yikes they do it too? Compaq used to do that and it SUCKED. It was like their name for the CMOS setup, if you tried to change something it'd be forever saying "Insert the Diagnostics diskette" on bootup.

-Q
  • Ahhh yes....i remember when the dell tools where in

\dell

those where the days. now they insist on using a partition. what idiots. why not just give you a damn bootable cd with that stuff on???
  • Well, a partition is pretty much out of the way for me... and if my CD drive died and I weren't sure if it were the channel on the board or the drive, the patitioned tools would be better than a CD.

I don't mind, not like 31MB out of 60GB is much to worry about.
  • HP put the entire installed system into a zip file on a bootable CD. Pretty nifty stuff, actually.
  • nightice wrote:
    HP put the entire installed system into a zip file on a bootable CD. Pretty nifty stuff, actually.
    some acer desktop i used did that, but by norton ghost, and it was not a dvd (2 full gb worth of stuff in that., i mean the image)
  • emachines does the same thing.

BTW, "EISA Configuration" ?

-Q
  • Main PC:

Seagate 18.4GB
    C:- 19.4GB; NTFS

My PC:

Fujitsu 6.4GB
    C:- 6.2GB; NTFS

Maxtor 3.0GB
    D:- 3.0GB; NTFS
  • Q wrote:
    BTW, "EISA Configuration" ?

-Q
    I have no idea, that's always been there.