I finally changed my computer case color!

edited January 2005 in Hardware
Thats right, it WAS white! Now its black! God I love spray paint!

black2.JPG

Comments

• *Moved to Talk > Hardware*

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • all you need to do now is get the right colour floppy and CD drives :P
  • Nah, I kind of like the way the white looks on black. It just makes it seem like a more un-used style / less dell-like.
  • Pop the fronts off the floppy and CD and paint them also...Got to love that smoke yellow on the white ....
  • I like this. Nice Fish...
  • I think it looks attractive
  • Was the forum down for this spray painting job or did you do it insitu?
  • By the looks of the wall, it was done with the case still together. LOL
  • Yea umm... I took one side and the front off, the rest is non-removable... so I put a fan in the window and started spraying... I got it on the carpet and wall, I used windex and got most off the wall, the carpet too, but that wasnt too noticable to start... since its a dark rug that was $30 at home depot.
  • Your house looks ANCIENT :eek:
  • No.... It's called the paint it all beat up and he has hard wood floors.
  • It IS, well @ least part of it is. The back and upstairs are newer. He's got like this pre-construction grade carpeting in his room (Hey, it's better then that we had here). His dads a construction foreman (You'd never guess looking @ him) and he's fixed up or incited the fixing up of alot of stuff. It's a nice house.

-Q

PS. Except for the spider crickets and box elders.
  • Foreman? He looks like a lawyer or something but is a project manager for a construction company, normally he oversees people working on old buildings... he "specializes in the restoration of historic archtecture " or something like that.
  • OK, project manager. I couldn't remember it exactly and that was what came to mind. Embarassing considering you told me all of this like, last week ::oops:

-Q
  • Anyway, my wall has to be re-done in general, theres some spots where its smashed in (o0o0oppsss..), theres cracks, and the paint looks like hell now... And the carpet noone cares about... its an un-evenly cut peice from home depot... I could set fire to it and noone would care. And yea we have like pine floors or something, but theres a carpet over mine.
  • edited January 2005
    My house has carpeting all over the place. And walls/floor moldings that have good looking paint on them :P
  • Not so good looking when misspelling :/

-Q
  • Wow Tom I am getting jealeous...
  • ^ i like toms desk
  • It looks like something from Ikea.
  • BTW ^ fish after you painted the case are you still smellin any fumes from the paint job lol
  • it looks like some anazzingly cool and expensive stuff from hypermarket "Continent"
  • half my room is ikea as well
  • How much did that system set u back, Tom?

PS: I hate Ikea, Grr@that.
    (My desk is from Ikea and the drawers are falling out or stuck (the matching bed and clothing drawers fell apart much earlier (because I cant still keep stuff on the desk :-P)))
  • Couldnt u just buy a new case?
  • Mr. C wrote:
    How much did that system set u back, Tom?

PS: I hate Ikea, Grr@that.
    (My desk is from Ikea and the drawers are falling out or stuck (the matching bed and clothing drawers fell apart much earlier (because I cant still keep stuff on the desk :-P)))
    Maybe you should take care of your stuff better (fail)