These Temps OK?

BODBOD
edited January 2005 in Hardware
temps.PNG

Comments

• yes, thats colder than what i get on my computer.
  • Okay, how many fans u got?
  • Yes those temps are fine.
  • What's wrong with the temps?

Mine CPU temp never comes lower than 55*C though the system works perfectly.
  • LMAO Maby that's becuase you use a Celeron 333 MHz cooler.

My system never passes 115*(Duron 1.8GHz) on the CPU and the hard disk/mainboard run at about 100*.
  • Yeah my cooler is retarded though the system is stable.
  • no fans except CPU and PSU
  • My system was upto 88.5C (191F) yesterday, and I got a two case fans, a power supply fan and CPU fan.
    But anyways those temps are fine. (Your's BOD)

~Duff
  • Uhhh..... If you have an Athlon XP at 191*, you should get that checked out.
  • jheez! highest ive seen my system is about 50*C
  • If I remember, you have an Athlon 2600.

The Athlon 2600 burn point is like 85*. 191 converted to C is about 88. :-|
  • Do not bother about 50*, even 60*C
  • OK, I think 88.5C was a possibly a glitch with the BIOS temp sensor for the CPU. However, I did have it overclocked from 1.92 GHz to 2.3 GHz, so that might've had something to do with it. It's now staying around 60C @ its stock speed.

~Duff
  • I'm 51*C now... In the summer it hangs around 60*C.
  • I never had issues with temp. sensors...
  • My machine's CPU is running @ 50*C (123*F)
    My case is at 42*C (107*F)
  • Duff wrote:
    OK, I think 88.5C was a possibly a glitch with the BIOS temp sensor for the CPU. However, I did have it overclocked from 1.92 GHz to 2.3 GHz, so that might've had something to do with it. It's now staying around 60C @ its stock speed.

~Duff

60C is in no way a good thing at default speed. 60*C idle would really, really bother me.
  • Add a fan.
  • edited January 2005
    Just checked, the CPU is at 67C under general use. Also, I have the tower confined in a small tower spot, and behind is loaded with wires.

I'm thinking of picking up a better heatsink and fan for the CPU, as well as a high RPM/CFM fan (Vantec Tornado 84CFM 5700RPM) for the front of the case to draw in cool air from the front.

~Duff

Edit: Regardless I should probably get another fan.
  • I'm not talking to u duffdud
  • temps.png

Full load on a K7 (Thunderbird). Those things get REAL hot.
  • the average for my CPU is near 87F (yes it is supposed to be in C, but i like F better)

and the fan runs on medium and SETI runs too...
  • My comp is freezing, i may need to take a fan out cuz its making me too cold
  • What if CPU temp is lower than 0*C?
  • 95F / 129F here. It used to be lower.

-Q
  • I've just turned on my PC on! The temperature is 20*C!!! By the way the avarage temp. in my room is 15*C
  • Slash wrote:
    What if CPU temp is lower than 0*C?

go back inside
  • its really cold here, i was outside with a t-shirt on :-|
  • What's that supposed to mean (As far as this conversation)?

-Q
  • it has nothing to do with it?