Windows Update!

edited February 2005 in Software
Just Curious If Anyone Updated Their Machines Yesterday. Microsoft Released Many Patches Yesterday For Multiple Windows Operating System. There Was 10 Updates For My XP Machines, None For My Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.

Comments

• i was going to update but i was looking for the actualy drivers for my desktop modem.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • there updates? i wouldn't know i turn that anoying shit off....... maybe i'll take a look...
  • I set it to run every Thurs, 3 AM, since MS likes to release on Wed evenings.
  • HaH! I'm ahead of the game as I regularly run WU when I'm bored! They tried to install the "Malicious Software Removal Tool" again, despite doing that last time and finding nothing...

-Q
  • BlueSun wrote:
    there updates? i wouldn't know i turn that anoying shit off....... maybe i'll take a look...

Yeah I Turn Off Auto Updates Too... I Got A Little info From The Forums At http://www.broadbandreports.com
  • Yeah I Turn Off Auto Updates Too...

Ditto. For whatever reason I didn't like the idea of Windows going back to MS. I just do it manually.

-Q
  • I think they will soon release SP1 for Win2003 so they do not release any updates separately
  • edited February 2011
    I am probably as far ahead as you, Q

I run the updates every morning at 9AM and so I probably get them all

yesterday I found loads of windows 2000 updates too
    ________
    ALASKA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
  • Slash wrote:
    I think they will soon release SP1 for Win2003 so they do not release any updates separately

I'm Waiting On That Too, For My Web Server. I Noticed There Was No Updates...
  • I just use automatic update, my windows version is activated and everything, so I dont have to worry about it.
  • I just use automatic update, my windows version is activated and everything, so I dont have to worry about it.

As is mine, so I just let Windows do the updating.

~Duff
  • Unfortunately WU wants me to restart (How does it know?!) so I can't now (I think that the previous updates are what want restarting!). I don't like AU, but that's my paranoia.

-Q
  • yeah, I too keep AU off, but I did notice the recent large amount of updates apearing out of nowhere, but then again it means they found something big and fixed it, they did their job.
  • I always turn off windows update, nevertheless I've noticed that thing too
  • Geh, I STILL haven't restarted. Someday soon...

-Q