RAM Problems

edited February 2005 in Hardware
Ok, I dont know how both sticks of RAM in my AMD64 computer went bad but: A few weeks ago i noticed windows crashing (the BSOD in WIndows XP) I reinstalled Windows.. Didnt work... So then I put my BIOS to its default settings... Didn't work... I tried taking out the 512MB stick, and leaving the 256MB stick only, still didnt work, and then I switched their places, so then I did a RAM test. Turns out my entire 256MB stick of RAM is bad! And the 512 stick is reporting only 1MB Bad. Is there any way to get py RAM working again? Or do i need to spend another $70?

Thanks

And BTW the mobo is an ECS 755-A2 and the RAM was from Kingston

Comments

• Maybe Kingston has some sort of warranty?
  • my parents threw out the packaging...

Oh well last time i buy from kingston...
  • LMAO Just becuase it's bad RAM doesn't mean Kingston is a bad company. That's just plain dumb.

You could check with the place you bought it from and get a return.

Or sell it on eBay for 75% of the origional price "as-is" and make some money. =)
  • Maybe you can call Kingston and explain it?
  • I sent my Maxtor Fireball back without having to include ANY of the original packaging.
  • so long as you have the receipt you should be fine
  • Not even a receipt was needed.
  • Lol, just ask Warp about his RadioShack hardrive dealings!
  • I DOUBT it is still under warentee... I will just buy new RAM. I want to score 2 GB 8) Though I doubt i might.....
  • Why wouldn't it be under warranty? When did you buy it? Try to buy from NewEgg if you didn't already.
  • LOL You just need to negotiate with them until you get a free one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • speaking of ram... anyone have some 128MB EDO with ECC sticks laying around? I tried getting EDO ram and it didn't quite fit (read Dual's RAM surgury for the story). Well if anyone has a few they are willing to part with for a decent price/free (I'll pay shipping or something) let me know. 4 sticks would be great but even 2 is a step up.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Kingston has a life-time warranty AFAIK. If it's their RAM (duh, the label?) they will replace it no questions asked.

Hmm I might want to check with them...