Installation Problem with Windows 2.0

edited February 2005 in Software
I was installing windows 2.0 on Virtual PC and I had downloaded it from here and made virtual floppies (or disk images) and used them but after I finished all 10 of them (they were all 720k btw) it kept asking for more disks so I tried each disk again and it still doesn't work. Am I missing something, did it wrong, what is wrong with this thing
________
Girlfriend pic

Comments

• Wait, you ran the install and it asked for a disk and none of the ones you gave it were the right ones?

-Q
  • Hey.. just toss 2.x all in one folder on a cd image and run the setup that way (2.x and up will install properly with all the files in one folder[I don't mean multiple versions in the same folder])
  • edited March 2011
    ok thanks I will try that
    ________
    Bdsm Flogging
  • edited March 2011
    only thing is how do I make a cd image?

will winimage work for that?
    ________
    BRUNETTE VIDEO
  • It might, but I've only used WinImage for making floppy images. For ISOs you can use something like Win/Ultra/MagicISO if WinImage can't.

-Q
  • edited February 2011
    which I can get from...

where?
    ________
    Angelina jolie pictures
  • Google :wink:

Actually, just append http://www. and .com/ to most of those names and you'll get their sites (WinISO I know is like that).

-Q
  • edited February 2011
    oh ok (sorry I was just too stupid to not check that)
    ________
    Gypsies forum
  • IMO ultra iso works the best
  • Use WinISO, although all three programs seem to be the same winiso seems to actually work.
  • edited February 2011
    ok now I have an iso image and I load it in Virtual PC and I try every drive and it either says insert disk in drive so-and-so or invalid drive spefication

What do I do now. It works when I have a cd in the physical drive though
    ________
    South American Cooking
  • DOS doesn't recognize CD drives the way it does floppies. You'll need to load the drivers (Which I think are one the VPC Additions disk).

-Q
  • I have a generic dos cd-rom drivers floppy image if you want that. I use it on bootdisks and install it on hard drives to detect cd drives (the floppy image actually configures and installs the driver)
  • edited February 2011
    I have a generic dos cd-rom drivers floppy image if you want that. I use it on bootdisks and install it on hard drives to detect cd drives (the floppy image actually configures and installs the driver)

yeah sure I will take it

send to marcus_e_johnson yahoo com

[Edit by Q: Obfusticated Email addr]
    ________
    Nevada Medical Marijuana Dispensary
  • Q wrote:
    DOS doesn't recognize CD drives the way it does floppies. You'll need to load the drivers (Which I think are one the VPC Additions disk).

...VPC Additions for DOS?
  • Yea, browse though the \Program Files\Microsoft VirtualPC\ directory. Somewhere in there there is a .vfd or .img file that has the VPC DOS additions. That's how you're supposed to get folder sharing and other stuff with DOS.

-Q
  • Was it in Connectix?
  • I'm pretty sure it was, I remember using it around the time that they got bought. Look though the directories or search though them. If it's there you'll find it. In the MS version it's in \Program Files\Microsoft Virtual PC\Additions\DOS Virtual Machine Additions.vfd

-Q
  • Directory of C:\Program Files\Connectix\Connectix Virtual PC Trial\Additions

01/28/2005 04:59 PM <DIR> .
    01/28/2005 04:59 PM <DIR> ..
    10/11/2002 05:10 AM 6,524,928 VPCAdditions010021.iso
    1 File(s) 6,524,928 bytes
    2 Dir(s) 191,229,796,352 bytes free

Mebbe my using a cracked trial has something to do with it.
  • Maybe it was only in MSs? Anyway I just swiped it from the installer I had handy. You can IM me if you want to try it in Connectix.

-Q
  • Q, MS has the dos additions on the same iso as the windows. Also... I've noticed the file sharing tends to make windows 3.x lock up, so don't use that. Also.. since the extras are on the iso... they don't include cd-rom drivers. I am going to e-mail my floppy image shortly.
  • It doesn't really matter. The FreeDOS drivers work fine.

You also never seem to be signed on (recall I only use AIM).
  • who'se never signed on?
  • nightice wrote:
    You also never seem to be signed on (recall I only use AIM).

Uhh, no that's YOU. I'm on nearly 24/7 (Unlike the distant past when I'd uninstall it when Fish signed off!) unless Aza goes into Hub mode and disconnects me, or something else like that happens.

GRR! Annoying Tril decided that you weren't on my list, despite the fact that you were on my list!

-Q
  • edited February 2011
    well anyways I am using the free 45day trial of MS Virtual PC

just if you needed to know

btw I have been downloading alot of files from your downloads page lately and 99% of the files I download are on citymail and when I am downloading them it takes forever (that is why I have only gotten to windows 3.1 for workgroups (and still haven't done 2.0) I am downloading windows 3.11 for workgroups now though (although it is downloading at 0.3kb))
    ________
    Buy scale
  • Yeah, the citymail server SUCKS. Can't remember offhand why.
  • Geh, we need to get some of them moved to better servers. Or @least just different ones.

-Q
  • edited February 2011
    because most of the downloads are on citymail.

I bet there is always someone on the downloads page and downloading something from citymail

that is why I will offer to host a file or two (plus if I host it then I can get it without downloading it (or download from my own system))
    ________
    Health store
  • How much can you take?

-Q

PS. The "www" link in your profiles misspelled.
  • edited February 2011
    uhh well I got a 120gb hard drive you know

probably about all of it (except installing all of it maybe not)

well you know tophers server address so you should know how to correct it but I will fix it in a min
    ________
    Mercedes-benz w124