SME Server and Apache

edited February 2005 in Software
Ok I have a problem, I want to set aspache to work on port 84, not 80, so in SME I edited the httd.conf file to do that, now when i try to access 192.168.1.84, it gives me the "Connection was Refused...." thing. Now Can someone help me with this? I promised my friend his site will be up today, and everything will be ready by the end of today. Anyways can any one help me?

Comments

• What is your external IP?
  • I havent set anything up for my external IP... but:

• changing configuration files on SME isnt straigfoward, you have to edit some template thing and then restart and then rebuild the configuration file. its a load of shit to do.

cant you just set your router to foward port 80 from your server to port 84 on the web?
  • edited February 2011
    did you forward ports (that seems to be the error when ports aren't forwarded)
    ________
    Smoking Kills
  • ok forwarding ports on my router seems.... hard, i cant forward them to a specific IP address... Which is the hard part...
  • now when i try to access 192.168.1.84, it gives me the "Connection was Refused...." thing.

Wait, is that it's actual IP address? If not, then you have to specify ports with a colon, EG. 192.168.1.2:84.

Not sure if that's it or if it's IP is actually that, but it caught my eye.

-Q
  • I tried that....

But now I get the "Document contains no data"
  • TCH what router do you have?
  • ok forwarding ports on my router seems.... hard, i cant forward them to a specific IP address... Which is the hard part...
    Dude, how else would you forward a port?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    RUNNING a Linux server with Apache

Because he didn't feel like installing WINE and running IIS?

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Perhaps becuase he has used linux and apache previous, but not yet mastered a router?
  • But it's a router man. It's as simpe as using MacOS -- simplicity wise.
  • Perhaps your router, but some arent exacly well designed
  • BOD wrote:
    Perhaps becuase he has used linux and apache previous, but not yet mastered a router?
    Using Apache without forwarding ports through a router is kinda hard if not impossible.....
  • SME is only his test server. He's going to use Mandrake as his server. Which is what he said in another thread.

That....might say something about that. Mandrake.
  • Maybe he has an incredibly annoying setup like noname does: A modem that acts like a router, hence the necessity of forwarding the port 2 times.

-Q
  • edited March 2011
    yeah that was hard to figure out myself but Q still is a BIG help but yeah maybe that is so...
    ________
    Coach handbags
  • My Motorola SB5100 will act as a router, but only if it detects multiple clients connected to it. Otherwise, it just sends the main IP along to the routing device.
    If used as a router, I don't believe it even has port forward options, it's just a very simple router.

~Duff
  • I figured out my port forwarding on my router... I just didnt notice where when you select it that it asks you dynamic or host... :|... I feel really stupid right about now...

And Steve, I decided not to use mandrake (I dont need mandrake taking up 1GB Minimum) SmE Just seems better now...
  • Tell me if this works now...

162.84.78.212:83

that or now I guess I have to forward it 2x...
  • Yeah i got in
  • Hold on so you guys see the test page
  • the site is under constuction one yes
  • YES!!! I wonder why I couldn't access it from my computer (through my internet IP)
  • does your router allow loopbakc? i had that problem with the XP firewall
  • My router doesn't do loopback...niteice.hopto.org gives me router setup, but everyone else sees the actual page, which i have to get to with 192.168.2.53...kinda stupid.
  • Anyways, now BOD I think you may know about this, I made a user, lets just say jdoe NOw I have set a group called jdoe and an information bay called jdoe, now if I already copied files to his ibay directory, how can I access his website?