Does anyone else get this with Firefox?

BODBOD
edited April 2005 in Software
Sometimes when I'm browsing the net, then I close ffx, do something else, come to open it again and it does't, I try again and it still doesn't. So I open task manager and the process is still running, so I close it and then it works.

Anyone else get this?

Comments

• Nope, I've never actually had a single problem with Firefox.

Suppose I'm just lucky :)

Try un- and then re-installing it.
  • IT's not just my computer, my brother's does it and mine did before i reinstalled windows
  • Hmm, which version do you have? 1.0.1 en-GB?
  • I have the same version, but never the same problem, works fine on all my PCs.
  • I've also encounted this problem a couple times. Closing the process fixes it like BOD said.

~Duff
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i've never had it happen with firefox, but when i try to play somthing in winamp that can't be played in winamp....... the process stays open even though i've closed it...... then i end the process and winamp pops up and works normaly......

never had any probs with firefox though...

but then again i use 1.0 PR
  • i get a problem with not closing a text editor when i have ffx open sometimes and ending the editors proccess always does it
  • I may have gotten this, but I can't say that I remember it.

-Q
  • Oh... I get that Sometimes... I just go [CTRL-ALT-DEL] and end the firefox.exe process...
  • It seems to have fixed itself with 1.0.2
  • BOD wrote:
    Sometimes when I'm browsing the net, then I close ffx, do something else, come to open it again and it does't, I try again and it still doesn't. So I open task manager and the process is still running, so I close it and then it works.

Anyone else get this?

I used to get that way long ago...then I did something and it all got better.