wierd...

edited April 2005 in Software
So I accidentally did a more on a binary file (thinking it was a script) on my server, which did something funky to the font and replaced most the characters with high ASCII crap. So, in my various experimentations I tried cat /dev/urandom > /dev/tty2...and it fixed it! Wierd...is there any explanation for this or is it one of those things that just happens?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had no idea that that command existed...

interesting, it won't fuck up over ssh...but it does fuck up the window title...
  • nightice wrote:
    I had no idea that that command existed...

interesting, it won't fuck up over ssh...but it does fuck up the window title...
    So you just type in some random command and hope it works without knowing any idea on what it does?
  • No, I just didn't know that one could type reset and fix their terminal.
  • That is pretty basic.
  • Meh. I learn something every day.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jcmoor wrote:
    That is pretty basic.

:notworthy: my cunning friend.

I think maybe you should watch your mouth, considering -everything- you say could qualify as willfull stupidity, whereas this man could claim ignorance.

He learned of a reset command, what have you learned? anything new in that thick vacant skull of your's? thought so.
  • interesting how you (somewhat) support me in your psot but bash me in your sig.
  • omgpix wrote:
    jcmoor wrote:
    That is pretty basic.

I think maybe you should watch your mouth, considering -everything- you say could qualify as willfull stupidity, whereas this man could claim ignorance.

He learned of a reset command, what have you learned? anything new in that thick vacant skull of your's? thought so.
    Let me think, this is, Andrew?
  • jcmoor wrote:
    omgpix wrote:
    jcmoor wrote:
    That is pretty basic.

Let me think, this is, Andrew?

Perhaps you have learned something; how to see through the painfully apparent.

You know, like how everyone can see through the glass door to your closet.

Obviously I don't expect other WB members to know who I am though.
  • Fortunately.
    This is going to be hell on ice.
  • jcmoor wrote:
    Fortunately.
    This is going to be hell on ice.

For you, yes.
  • who the fuck is andrew?
  • BlueSun wrote:
    who the fuck is andrew?
    Hell.

You'll get used to him though.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    who the fuck is andrew?

One of the non-nuggets from Tom's forum.