server 2003 versions

edited April 2005 in Software
what is the difference between small business, datacenter, enterprise, and web?
I burning partial parts of the 10 in 1 to a cd

Comments

• Datacenter you probably don't need, it's designed for bigass mainframes. Web is a very low-end version.
  • Web is like the most cut down version without AD I think, it's just for webservers
  • Web - Companies selling dedicated servers will probably use this for their clients (web servers, duh). Active Directory not included.
    Enterprise - Big companies that want to use active directory features will use this edition
    Standard - Medium sized companies will use this for active directory features. I don't think terminal services is in this edition.
    Small Business - This is for tiny companies (there are something like 10 - 20 CAL allowed (you can't modify them, I think they come with the server)
    Datacenter - MASSIVE companies (like MS) use this for mass active directory
  • I tell you what I'll do, I'll install 4 versions (I dont have SBS) on the other PC and then I'll screen shot their differences for you...
  • Terminal Services is in standard
  • Oh, well then whats the difference between standard and enterprise?!
  • I think it's just the amount of memory and CPUs it can support I'm running 2003 std on here and it doesn't seem much different from when I used to run enterprise on my server
  • I'll have to do them later...I've got to go now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • (drool) 64-way SMP
  • Ill go with enterprise