DOOM3 in XP-64

edited April 2005 in Software
I have found a way to install DOOM3 in XP-64. I did some searching on gogle on how to bypass the OS check ion the installer and no luck. Theres a "patch" that fixes this but it's a fake and some people say it has a mean virus. Anyway heres how I found out how to doit.

The file called DOOM 3.MSI is the installer database. I used InstallSheild Devloper and opened the MSI file. After looking around in the database in DirectEditor I found a entry called LaunchConditotn. I deleted it and saved the file then made a ISO of CD1 then with WinISO I put the new MSI file in then saved it and burn it to CD with Nero. I went to install it and ran into a few problems. Although the installer didn't do the OS Check. After it installed all of the needed files from CD1 it started to say that there were files missing, yet they were on CD2 and CD3. So I manualy copyed the *.PAK files over into C:\Program Files (86)\DOOM 3\Base Then went back into the installer that was still running in the background and told it to ingore the file. After it finished I ran the game and it worked just fine.

This trick also works for the Resurrction Of Evil addon for DOOM3. Really and truely this might work with any program that installs with Windows Installer.

Comments

• hrm.. I had Doom 3 when it came out.. then got rid of it when I beat it (kept savefiles). I tried to get it back and install ROE but ROE asked for a Doom 3 cd key on top of it's own, and didn't like the ones I gave it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • More like a way to fix any MSI to work on XP64, using D3 as an example.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.