shellnet.zapto.org -> ms scenes -> down

edited April 2005 in Site Issues
Hi,

i strolled around through the forum, i'm looking for the two files i can download from the microsoft scenes collection. The last thing i can find about this in some post is that the files should be up at:

http://shellnet.zapto.org/winworld/dl/Scenes.rar
http://shellnet.zapto.org/winworld/dl/ScenesWColl2.rar

the same pointer is available on the download page

BUT: bad news: appears i can't reach that location (server reports file not there)

Can you guys help me out? i would really like to get this soft on my windows 3.x machine. Or any pointers where i can get this one?

Many thanks in advance....

Comments

• Sorry about the recent problems on my end. A computer manuafacturer hesitant to make good on their warranty is trying to blame my home and business's wiring for their faulty products. We had to flip the circuit breaker to do some testing, reseting the modem and IP. I really need to get that IP monitor setup...

wait a second... the server works fine... it's a filename problem.
  • A computer manuafacturer hesitant to make good on their warranty is trying to blame my home and business's wiring for their faulty products.

Dell?
  • I got Delled!

In the process of drafting a letter to Michael Dell. Website documenting my progress will come if I do not get a response in two weeks after sending it.
  • Hi there,

thank you vary much for the actions.... but eh... i don't wanna be nagging to much, the files i downloaded seem to be corrupt.... I tried to unrar them but winrar, he extracts some files, but there are way to much files missing, the archives are about 200 Kb and the other about 900 Kb, i think to small to be a reliable 2 diskette set image...

Is it still possible for you guys to correct this to? I tried also with download managers bu same result...

Thanks anyway so far.....
  • Anonymous wrote:
    Hi there,

thank you vary much for the actions.... but eh... i don't wanna be nagging to much, the files i downloaded seem to be corrupt.... I tried to unrar them but winrar, he extracts some files, but there are way to much files missing, the archives are about 200 Kb and the other about 900 Kb, i think to small to be a reliable 2 diskette set image...

Is it still possible for you guys to correct this to? I tried also with download managers bu same result...

Thanks anyway so far.....

I will look into it ASAP.

EDIT/UPDATE: Both Microsoft Scenes download links are directed to a server with the full archives.
  • Hi (again)

i checked the new donloads out, they are perfect!!!!!!!!

thank you guys soooooo much for getting this one up, it made my day....

thanks again, and keep up the good work!
  • Anonymous wrote:
    Hi (again)

i checked the new donloads out, they are perfect!!!!!!!!

thank you guys soooooo much for getting this one up, it made my day....

thanks again, and keep up the good work!

It's good to know we (I) made a difference :).

Everybody enjoy the faster servers.
  • Ugh.... please keep me updated about these things. Guess that's why I asked for them to be tested out...