DOS 1.0

edited January 2007 in Software
Hi. I have an image of floppy of dos 1.1 (there is file dos11.dim). How can I write it on 1.44M diskette? It wants 5.25" 160Kb Single Density, Single Sided Hds:1 Trk:40 Sec:8. What will you say?
thx

Comments

• Cant You Use WinImage to format a 160kb image and then write it to a standard 3 1/2 1.44MB floppy?
  • I was of the opinion that it was'nt until dos 3 that supported 1.44mb
    floppies..
  • Well... Use RAWRite (aka RAWWrite). Works every time. If not, then search through Google.

MSDOS 1.1 is nothing special. It does have additional files, which use BASIC, but apart from that, nothing. Also, if you run these files on anything greater than an 8086, your computer will crash.
  • Yea, nothing much you can do in dos 1.0 and 1.1, what machine are you installing this on? Yea 1.44 only came out a bit later, do as ntl said format the disc as a 5 inch and write to that.
  • I beleive this is the same one i have. I tried many ways to format a disc to 160K, no go. I even tried subst B with a folder to do that, no go). I tried making a virtual floppy drive of 160K and then using the software to extract the dim file to it no go. So I gave up for now :P untill I find a load of old 5 1/4 inch disks and disk drive :P