FTP Transfer Problems

edited May 2005 in Software
What does it mean when the status of an FTP Download is 'Waiting'? Im using CuteFTP and downloading a 457MB File and i select transfer selected and it doesnt transfer... The same thing happened a couple hours ago too...

If I go to the error log, I get this:
Timeout (60000 ms) occurred on receiving server response.

And when I go to the Transfer Log I get this:
Host name: niteice.hopto.org:21
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Log File - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
		*** CuteFTP 6.0 - build Nov  3 2004 ***

STATUS:>  	Host name niteice.hopto.org resolved: ip = 69.37.168.229.
STATUS:>  	Connecting to FTP server niteice.hopto.org:21 (ip = 69.37.168.229)...
STATUS:>  	Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message...
		220 ProFTPD 1.2.10 Server (ice.server) [192.168.2.53]
COMMAND:>	USER publicftp
		331 Password required for publicftp.
COMMAND:>	PASS *****
		230 User publicftp logged in.
COMMAND:>	PWD
		257 "/" is current directory.
COMMAND:>	TYPE I
		200 Type set to I
COMMAND:>	PORT 192,168,1,100,8,177
		200 PORT command successful
COMMAND:>	REST 425656320
		350 Restarting at 425656320. Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate transfer
COMMAND:>	RETR Mac OS X 10.1 (Puma).rar
		150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for Mac OS X 10.1 (Puma).rar (54166238 bytes)
STATUS:>  	Data connection closed, bytes transferred: 0, expected: 54166238.
		226 Transfer complete.

It says its complete but it's only at 88% and the speed is staying at 9.**kb/sec...

Comments

• Sounds like an issue on my end. Gimme a few minutes to run badblocks on the partition.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • All my AnitVirus/Firewalls are off, and I got all the way up to 88% Both times and then it stopped...
  • *shrug* I FTP into it all the time to upload stuff for my site. Of course, the NIC is a piece of crap, I must remember to get a new one.
  • did you change the pass or something cause it's saying I have the wrong password...
  • nightice wrote:
    Sounds like an issue on my end. Gimme a few minutes to run badblocks on the partition.
    I had to unmount /server to test it, so proftpd can't find it's home, which is /server/ftp/public.
  • so when can I get back in to try it with Fetch?
  • When badblocks is done. :P I'll let you know when.
  • OK, But then I still need to find out how to network PCs and Macs so I can transfer the file to the PC, unRAR it and then burn it...
  • Can't you just download it with the PC?
  • It's not working, It doesnt continue after 88% like I just said... Unless you have problems that havent been found yet...
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    All my AnitVirus/Firewalls are off, and I got all the way up to 88% Both times and then it stopped...

Turning firewalls off is stupid, prepared to be owned.
  • By Whom?
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    It's not working, It doesnt continue after 88% like I just said... Unless you have problems that havent been found yet...
    Judging from badblocks' output, I'd say that my server's drive is starting to go. Anybody got an unused IDE hard drive between 2 and 32 GB? :D
  • No, turning anti-virus off is stupid. Turning both off is stupid actually. I turn ZoneAlarm off all the time. Stupid pain the fucking ars...
  • I have a 6.4GB and a 40GB with bad sectors... Want Them? lol
  • BODBOD
    edited May 2005
    Just get on off ebay, I have one but i aint paying loads to ship it to you :P

/me waits for tom to say that the drive breaking is Linux's fault

EDIT: I have *no* antivirus program and I'm fine, if you dont have a hardware ferwall or are in the DMZ for some reason *cough* josh *chough* then turning off the firewall is stupid
  • nightice wrote:
    NTL1991 wrote:
    It's not working, It doesnt continue after 88% like I just said... Unless you have problems that havent been found yet...
    Judging from badblocks' output, I'd say that my server's drive is starting to go. Anybody got an unused IDE hard drive between 2 and 32 GB? :D

Is that a bad thing?
  • I have this feeling that OS X just happened to have its last 12% in the bad area.
    BOD wrote:
    *BOD waits for tom to say that the drive breaking is Linux's fault
    *prepares perfectly logical argument that the drive is ~7.5 years old*
  • I there another way around that so I can get the other 12%?
  • I've got an idea to download it to my main comp and smbmount it into my ftp tree so you would get it from this computer through proftpd on my server.
  • ok, that sounds like it will work
  • Get a grip Tomchu.

You really do need to shut it. You need to respect the fact that Linux 0wns you. You've also gotta respect the fact that people might prefer Linux to some other OSes.
  • +2 for Tom!
  • -500 for JuleOS (fail)
  • Tomchu wrote:
    I don't respect Linux because it is 100% *shit*. As for it owning me? Bwahahahahahahaha. Quote-worthy. That was a quote-worthy quote, you fucken nugget.
    If you can't respect Linux, can you at least fucking *try* to respect people's opinions?
  • Did you get the file on your other computer? Let me know when you do, K...

Nick