Are there an emulator that can emulate Ubuntu perfectly?

edited March 2007 in Software
i`ve using QEMU, but the speed is shitty
and VPC 2007: it starts up very well, but when the gui shows up,, the image is blurred and distorted
i`ve not tested VMware because i`s a very big app....

thare are other emus that can do Ubuntu well???? :D

your ideas and suggestions are welcome! :)

Comments

• Bochs?

Personally, even if it is large, I would try VMware. If you don't have the space, get an old version like 4.

-Q
  • yeah Bochs too, more difficult to use than QEMU

And what Connetrix 2.0???? i have beta 3 of tis, but i never tested it.... did you recommend it to me?

VMware is an world-leader in PC emus.... i will try with version 4.. :)
  • Connectix, as in Connectix VPC 2? The earliest I've tried is VPC version 4.

-Q
  • There's little differences between the newer MS VPC and the oldest versions but if you want to try an older version like 4.x then go ahead.

Any emulator is going tobe slow unless you have a good CPU. An Athlon 64 will get you moderate performance in VPC while doing basic tasks.
  • Q wrote:
    Connectix, as in Connectix VPC 2? The earliest I've tried is VPC version 4.

-Q
    Excuse me this was connetix 5.0 beta 3 :)
  • There's little differences between the newer MS VPC and the oldest versions but if you want to try an older version like 4.x then go ahead.

Any emulator is going tobe slow unless you have a good CPU. An Athlon 64 will get you moderate performance in VPC while doing basic tasks.
    I have tried with the VPC 2006 too, but same results
    Are there an 4 version? what year have in it`s name (2004 or 2005)???
  • The one's named after years are the Microsoft ones. The one with version numbers are the Connectix ones.
  • The one's named after years are the Microsoft ones. The one with version numbers are the Connectix ones.
    ok i will try With Connerix 5.0 Full (If there are one that`s not in beta stage) :)
  • I ran Ubuntu on my desktop in VMware (Athlon64 3000, 1GB ram) and it was....*slow*.
  • As Jack said, it is going to run a bit slow. Although if your CPU has Virtualization technology, it would run a bit faster (I think either full speed, or pretty damn close to that)
  • It's not the speed that's gonna be the issue, Graphics are the let down, everything is just so choppy.
  • BOD wrote:
    I ran Ubuntu on my desktop in VMware (Athlon64 3000, 1GB ram) and it was....*slow*.

Because Ubuntu IS slow.
  • FedeVista, have you tried the live CD?
    I ran it here for a couple of friends from Buenos Aires and they
    liked it and I gave them a copy of the English ones I'd gotten
    for free. During the start up you choose Espanol and then
    Argentina. I think it would probably work better than an
    emulator.

Thump
  • Ubuntu has never liked virtual machines in my experience, it always fucked up on boot. Interestingly, I got bored last night and installed it in VMWare, and it seems to run fine, albeit slow (even on here).
  • Thump wrote:
    FedeVista, have you tried the live CD?
    I ran it here for a couple of friends from Buenos Aires and they
    liked it and I gave them a copy of the English ones I'd gotten
    for free. During the start up you choose Espanol and then
    Argentina. I think it would probably work better than an
    emulator.

Thump
    Is This LiveCD (Ubuntu 6.10 Drapper Drake or something else :) ) that I was tried to emulate :) and I ALWAYS select Spanish..... :) .

I tried with the "advanced commands" but, no results; the same thing (in VPC 2006/2007) and in QEMU, it booted up perfectly but slow... :(
  • Duff wrote:
    Ubuntu has never liked virtual machines in my experience, it always fucked up on boot. Interestingly, I got bored last night and installed it in VMWare, and it seems to run fine, albeit slow (even on here).
    I think VMware an Connectix are both best options... :) i will try these emus :)
  • Bash wrote:
    As Jack said, it is going to run a bit slow. Although if your CPU has Virtualization technology, it would run a bit faster (I think either full speed, or pretty damn close to that)
    Sorry, my AMD AthlonXP 2000+ from 2004 don`t have this fantastic and modern feature :(
  • BOD wrote:
    I ran Ubuntu on my desktop in VMware (Athlon64 3000, 1GB ram) and it was....*slow*.
    If in this exellent machine, emulation was slow.... Ubuntu is IMPOSSIBLE TO EMULATE WITH DECENT SPEED LIKE WIN98 OR WIN... :) )
  • Duff wrote:
    Ubuntu has never liked virtual machines in my experience, it always fucked up on boot. Interestingly, I got bored last night and installed it in VMWare, and it seems to run fine, albeit slow (even on here).
    I think this, I agree with you :) (Sorry Ubuntu :lol: )
  • BOD wrote:
    It's not the speed that's gonna be the issue, Graphics are the let down, everything is just so choppy.
    I think this in mi secound experience of emulation with Ubuntu.... it can be that it is because has such graphics than Windows XP... :)
  • fv, please use less images in your signature, mabey 4.
  • alexzarach wrote:
    fv, please use less images in your signature, mabey 4.
    ok, ok... but where I can put image GIF without the danger that the "image upload page" erase them.... :)

i can convert these images in an one gif, but my preocupation is for the thing above... :)
  • The *fuck* at the sextouple post.
  • now, which they think of my new image, it is good?
  • BOD wrote:
    The *fuck* at the sextouple post.

He has 90 posts in the first like... 8 days :|
  • How about dual boot it? I know it may be a hassle but its still the best way. Got get your self a 5000+ X2 opteron with radeon 1950 XL and a 16 GIG dual channel ram. Then im sure ubuntu will run fine under connectix?
  • I hope that Connetix work with Ubuntu..... or I will go for VMware.... :) (VMware works bad and slow in mi machine :( )
  • BOD: I do multiple posts at times. I appreciate this isn't an exact blog, but so long as they're distinct and not things that could be better done via editing, I don't think they're as bad as they may sound.

-Q
  • anantha92 wrote:
    How about dual boot it? I know it may be a hassle but its still the best way. Got get your self a 5000+ X2 opteron with radeon 1950 XL and a 16 GIG dual channel ram. Then im sure ubuntu will run fine under connectix?
    I don