win3.00 install

edited March 2007 in Software
anyone got a win 3.00 disk set. if so post back or post a link with the files attached. :!:

Comments

• http://downloads.ww.zimmy.ca/Operating%20Systems/Windows%203.x/Windows%203.0.rar

The above link is for Windows 3.0 in the Winworld download server.

-Alexander Zarach
  • well i wouldent be asking for the seperate disks if i didnt already try the os section of the downloads on winworld. and please dont give me a link to the oter sites that we have links to on this site cuz i have already tried them all!!!
  • also, all of the disks i have tried keep saying file not found or check path and filename to ensure something or whatever, and frankly it is really pissing me off:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
  • I'm not sure what you're doing that's generating a "file not found" error. Nor for that matter am I sure what exactly is wrong with our Windows 3.0 RAR as it has the 4 individual disks in seperate files within itself.

-Q

PS. phpBB in its unmodified state doesn't allowing attaching files to posts, sorry.
  • well when i opened it on xp it asked me if i wanted to install it so i am figureing that it was a bundle. i also noticed that i had to unzip it and when i did it was just one really big file. i dono wazup, idono mabe is me aaaidono:!:
  • Meaning, when you downloaded the .rar file and tried to open it, Windows presented a dialog asking you if you wanted to "install" it?

-Q
  • that is correct. i opened it with winzip and it showed one .rar file, so i double clicked it and it asked me if i wanted to install it.
  • author switch from guest to sergentsiler. :!:
  • signing off!
  • author switch from guest to sergentsiler. :!:
    Welcome aboard sergentsiler.
    If I understand what you've been doing correctly then
    When it asks if you want to install it, tell it no.
    Don't open it with winzip since, unless they've changed it doesn't
    handle rar files. I can suggest the free 7-zip.
    It should then show up as seperate self executing files that will
    put them on floppys.

I think that's right and hope so.

Thump
  • i have no idea why you quoted me. winzip does handle .rar files and i am using the free version. and ill try opening it in 7-zip.