Win2000

edited March 2007 in Software
Help! I need win2000 and cd key URGENT. When can I download win2000?

Comments

• Not on WinWorld. 2000 is still WELL within its supported lifetime and I'm pretty sure still a product of Microsoft.

-Q
  • ok, so I can still buy it?

[Fixed accidental multiple posting, Q]
  • MS doesn't sell it directly, but you can get it from places like Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-B23-000 ... B00003JAU7

-Q
  • yea it was right before xp, if you really cant find a good deal. Pm me and ill pm you a key. hope this is ok with you Q.
  • In legal terms, look on eBay, CD keys alone (license) are like $10.
  • Download it from BitTorrent D/L pages: www.mininova.org , www.isohunt.com , www.piratebay.com or www.thepiratebay.com or www.piratebay.org or www.thepiratebay.org :)

!!!! just make sure that you have an bt client like utorrent www.utorrent.com (if you don`t have an torrent cilent, i recommend to you use utorrent. go to the web sit and d/l then install it)

and a key: j2qct - yqd47 - 2rrf8 - 6gcdf - trxrt

but, i think win2000 don`t need serials because I installed win2000 Pro from my Windows 2000 Gold cd and it no needed key (is for that), but you can download via torrent an hacked-win2000 with the serial came embebbed in the setup .ini`s (as my win2000 gold) :)
  • 2000 does need a key on legal installs :P.
  • Quite right...
  • Yeah a regular 2000 install CD will need a key...

I love the 2000 install CD's we have at school... its all nLited or something... customized to run on 64 MB of RAM and needs no serial...

Things run decent on 32 MB, and flys like a bat out of hell on anything over 64MB...

Course 2000 isn't that resource hungry to begin with
  • They'd be MSDN copies I'm guessing.

And early 2k discs will run on 32, hell I ran mine on 24 for a while.
  • Yeah it's possible to run it on 32, 24 that's pushing it a bit.
  • Ask mentioned above by numerous people, if you want to, you can obtain a extremely likely not legal copy of Windows 2000, any edition. If you prefer a legally licensed copy, Microsoft itself does not sell them, but numerous on- and off-line merchants purvey licenses, proofs of same, and the media for ready money.

-Q
  • i only wish vista was as ram hungry as 2000.
  • anantha92 wrote:
    i only wish vista was as ram hungry as 2000.

You *want* an OS to be RAM hungry?
  • i meant that i wished vista it takes up as much ram as win 2000.
  • I have a legal windows 2000 license through a refurbisher... when I got my PIII...
  • anantha92 wrote:
    i meant that i wished vista it takes up as much ram as win 2000.

You mean that you wish Vista would use the same amount of ram as 2000?

RAm usage is good as far as im concnered, unused ram is wasted ram.
  • BOD wrote:
    RAm usage is good as far as im concnered, unused ram is wasted ram.

There *is* an extent with that. I'd rather low ram usage than having to use the page file. Ofcourse, by random guess, Vista doesn't use all the RAM.
  • Vista's ram usage isn't too bad... most modern systems have atleast 512...

Vista can run on 256... I wouldn't recommend it, but it can...

Though if I recall correctly, the installer won't let you install on 256...

But I ran beta 2 on 256MB... it was slow... but it ran...
  • anantha92 wrote:
    yea it was right before xp, if you really cant find a good deal. Pm me and ill pm you a key. hope this is ok with you Q.

Actually Windows ME was right before Windows 2000. Windows ME was released (I think) 9 months after Windows 2000.
  • ME was like August 2000, XP was october 2001.
  • I think ME came out in the fall of '99, NT in 2000

My 2000 story :
    From here I learned how to make an IE-less NT 5.0 installation CD (it won't ask for key)
    http://www.vorck.com/remove-ie.html
    then installed NT 5, then in registry deleted every reference to browserui.dll, shdocvw.dll, urlmon.dll, wininet.dll, then deleted these four .dlls; installed bbLean as default shell
    after boot it uses 51mb ram; use winfile.exe as file manager
  • ME was August 2000.

NT was like...1992. (well the first one)
  • ok I found win2000, but not in the net :D my friend had :D