Download Downtime

edited April 2007 in News & Announcements
Downloads are currently offline for an unknown reason for an unknown period of time, as it seems the server has disappeared.

I'll update this post whenever I get more info.

Comments

• o snap.

I'll check on this.
  • My page is down too!!!! (I have PM to you talking about this problem) :)
  • Servers just don't disappear on their own? :shock:
  • Obviously, the one's over here do :P
  • thers 2 W's..... Try adding another one and maybe it will work!!! DUH! =(
  • I cannot for the life of me figure that out...

-Q
  • I think he's implying that "downloads.ww.zimmy.ca" should have three W's, despite the fact "ww" refers to WinWorld.
  • The server is down, it's out of my control now. I've left numerous emails to my provider and a voicemail and I haven't gotten action yet. I'd like to switch providers, but I won't because of the deal I'm getting (80gb hd, Semp2600+, 512mb RAM, Unlimited BW) for $75. IT WILL GET FIXED, trust me, WinWorld isint the only thing affected by this, the Swift site, the Swift mailserver, several friend's sites/emails, and my svn are also down. So are the zimmy.ca/swift.ws nameservers (I had a second nameserver, but Jonneh the emo fag cut it off for no reason).
    stewie.zimmy.ca:~ chris$ ssh cfue@osiris.zimmy.ca
    ssh: connect to host osiris.zimmy.ca port 22: Connection timed out
  • Zimmy wrote:
    (I had a second nameserver, but Jonneh the emo fag cut it off for no reason).

That's "quality" VPS hosting services right there :lol:
  • Well, I have talked to the guys at the datacenter directly, and the server should be up in an hour or 2.
  • edited March 2007
    OK 8), hope this problem FIXED :D and your server back! :D
  • FedeVista wrote:
    ok, hope those idiots give your server back!

It's not even their fault, it's due to the server being hung on an rc script.
  • Duff wrote:
    FedeVista wrote:
    ok, hope those idiots give your server back!

It's not even their fault, it's due to the server being hung on an rc script.
    Sorry, I corrected the reply :)
  • Still no downloads guys at 8:00am, 18th march.
  • Anonymous wrote:
    Still no downloads guys at 8:00am, 18th march.

No shit? It'll be posted when they return,
  • If you wanna download, go to a turret while their down :x
  • Turret eh?
  • Yeah, just make sure it doesn't shoot you.
  • First you have to download bitturret though.

Thump
  • AHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAH!!!

I had NO idea what "turrent" meant in this case, but... I'm literally LOLing! BitTurret! AHAHAHHAA

-Q
  • Thump wrote:
    First you have to download bitturret though.

Thump

Dunno, the Torrent Turret blasted through my DSL Modem, and stuff went chaotic... :lol:
  • Oh Damn...*cancels DL of BitTurret: Extra Destructive Edition"
  • Maybe that explains the oldest running support ticket (Or not ;)) on the board!

-Q
  • just find torrents on what ever is on win world
    add me on msn artem1319@hotmail.com
    if u dont find a torrent then just wait about a month for the servers to be reset and running. :lol:
  • just find torrents on what ever is on win world
    add me on msn artem1319@hotmail.com
    if u dont find a torrent then just wait about a month for the servers to be reset and running. :lol:

It's not going to take a month, and IF it does, i'm getting a refund for that month.

But yeah, most files can be found easily, torrents, other sites, ftp, etc...
  • when will the downloads be back please tell me today. I need windows 98 original badly
  • 1) It'll be back when it's back.
    2) Just be patient, or find a torrent if you can't wait. You're getting the shit for free, remember.

• I don't think you needed to be that harsh.

That said, as said above, if/when ANY of us know what's going on or even a possible return date, you can be sure it'll be all over the place in seconds.

THAT said, I'm sorry to say that I don't think you can get 98 (Or much else) from us that quickly.

-Q
  • I'm sorry, I'm just in an...uptight...mood lately...
    I didn't mean to sound harsh in any of my posts :-(

• It's OK; the problem is when you don't notice ;)

Hope whatever the cause is is resolved soon.

-Q

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file