Anyone know what these are/if they're worth it?

QQ
edited March 2007 in Hardware
I got these, and have no ideas:

http://wwsvr.bounceme.net/SB.JPG
http://wwsvr.bounceme.net/VC.JPG
http://wwsvr.bounceme.net/SC.JPG

As you can guess from the initials, I'm reasonably sure what each is, but the finer details escape me. I can't find any markings on them that indicate their model names/#s, except for the last one, and I'm interested in its history: Did MS actually make hardware?

-Q

Comments

• wwsvr.bounceme.net is timing out... tongue.gif

-Kirk
  • The Graphics Card, I believe, This says that its an MSI NVIDIA GeForce4 TI 4200 64MB AGP Video Card.

That sound card is interesting... Are those RCA jacks?

Nick
  • I think so, they're the real old style single prong.

-Q
  • Wow. Heres some info on the sound card and yes it was made by Microsoft!

Link

Nick
  • HAH! It was supposed to work with the infamous 3.0 MME!

-Q
  • Yes, Windows Sound System was a standard made by Microsoft.

• You have a little piece of history right there... lol

I'm not sure about that motherboard though, Ill have to see if there are anymore numbers on it...

Nick
  • Where's the CPU?
  • I didn't receive them/any.

-Q
  • I was actually gonna say where the CPU goes but now I see.

Is that a dual Pentium II/III slot1 mainboard?
  • The Mobo looks like the one in my older P1 pc....

It`s an Intel, but the model I don`t remember...

I can see 2 ISA slots :)
  • Yeah those look like the CPU slots, so I'd guess it's a dual one.
  • yea its a dual. looks like a p1/p2 slot. google how many pins the p1 and p2 have and see which one yours is. I hated those old cartridge like cpus.
  • PIs didn't come in slots :|.
  • didnt they come in those cartridge things or was ahth p2?
  • That was Pentium II Slot-1
  • Damn if only I had the dosh, I'd love to buy those of you, espeically the old Sound card :P Shame I don't.
  • The first generation Athlons were Slot-A also, 500MHz to 750MHz I think.
  • The first generation Athlons were Slot-A also, 500MHz to 750MHz I think.
    My AMD Ahtlon 2000+ 1.66 mhz. is from 2004 and is SLOT A ... :)
  • BOD wrote:
    PIs didn't come in slots :|.
    No :), I said the ISA slots, not the P1 ones.... :) and that mobo continues looking like that mobo in my older pc :)

But I think those "ISA" can be P2 slots :roll: I`m confused :) or it`s dual (P1 socket and P2 slots) :)
  • I have an intel celeron pentium 2 special B processor, 400mhz, which appears to be integrated in my motherboard. Is the top image a motherboard with an integrated intel processor, or is it an intel chipset? Is the second an NVIDIA graphics card?
  • I Looked more to the mobo image, Can it be an PII Xeon or an ancient model of Intel Xeon Mobo?????

I confused :(
  • It looks like a dual Slot A (P2 to P3) motherboard. Isa slots were still on some motherboards till mid 2002 (usually only 1 though and even then these were cheaper end boards). My P3 Celeron 1.1ghz had one ISA slot. It is a pretty funky sized board (Q's one not mine) So I'm guessing that it is meant to be a server of some sort.
  • It looks like a dual Slot A (P2 to P3) motherboard. Isa slots were still on some motherboards till mid 2002 (usually only 1 though and even then these were cheaper end boards). My P3 Celeron 1.1ghz had one ISA slot. It is a pretty funky sized board (Q's one not mine) So I'm guessing that it is meant to be a server of some sort.
    Yea, I think so, and I continue confused :roll:
  • Whats confusing you FrdeVista ?
  • Q - thats definitely a 2x CPU mobo, and I have that same Microsoft Windows Sound System card in my basement!
  • Well, since I don't have 2 CPUs OR 2 ATX PSUs I don't think I'm going to be able to test it out.

The video card I'm still interested in, has anyone seen anything more of it?

-Q
  • NTL1991 said "MSI NVIDIA GeForce4 TI 4200 64MB AGP Video Card". If it is it's not a bad card. It won't run Vista on full gfx, or many modern games for that matter, but when it came out the GeForce4 TI 4200 series were perfect for in expensive gaming.
  • Only problem is, it's somehow screwed up.

-Q
  • FedeVista wrote:
    BOD wrote:
    PIs didn't come in slots :|.
    No :), I said the ISA slots, not the P1 ones.... :) and that mobo continues looking like that mobo in my older pc :)

But I think those "ISA" can be P2 slots :roll: I`m confused :) or it`s dual (P1 socket and P2 slots) :)

he was talking to me.