Virtualising Chicago Builds

edited April 2007 in Software
Ok, I am stupid. How hard can it be to virtualize Chicago with VPC 2007 and ISOs.
Argon PXE Boot Agent v2.00 (BIOS Integrated)
(C) Copyright 2004 Argon Technology Corporation
All rights reserved. www.ArgonTechnology.com

CLIENT MAC ADRR: *no need to post* GUID: *no need to post*
DHCP.....[spinny slash thing]  

Two minutes later:
Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device

screwed.

I know this should be easy but please help.
YanGFisH

Comments

• VPC is trying to boot off the LAN card.

I dunno much about the builds and thier ISOs though, so I dunno what method of installing to use.
  • The problem is that the ISO isn't bootable, so, as BOD mentioned, VPC tries to boot off its emulated network.

Try getting a Windows boot floppy image and capture that as A: and the ISO as D:. When it's finished booting off the floppy, goto the D drive and run setup.

-Q
  • can't get this specific bootdisk to accept the fact that it is ISO, just burned a CD ;).
  • Weird. The bootdisk has CD drivers, right (I know I know, I'm just checking)?

-Q
  • But the cd doesn`t have any boot record (or EL TORITO boot cd system) on it.... :p

for create a working boot cd, when you`re burning the cd in nero, create the boot record from an boot diskette image (or Install Diskette image) (or just download an image of it) :) of the OS :)

in the case of windows, you must search the correct boot disk image for start the installation (not the normal bootdisk that Windows creates) :) and them add it to make the boot record for make the cd booteable :)

for more info go to this website (creating a booteable cd in nero 6): :)http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=297
  • i am running chicago off vpc right now... I. to isntall it, install dos 6.22 and run the setup off the iso. Install the cd driver for dos first. run
    "X:/SETUP.EXE" into dos (x meaning the letter of your cd drive). Hope that helps.
  • You can download a VMC and VFD ready to go for Virtual PC from http://vpc.essjae.com/

He has done the work to get you instaled with windows 98 already

other utils as well...