Wndows NT service packs

edited April 2007 in Software
Hello.
I am looking for The NT service packs for 3.1, 3.11, 3.5, and 3.51. Also, I am looking for any available information on them, as well as release dates, total sizes, number of included fixes, etc.

Thanks for any help.

BTW, if anyone didn't know, The forum description says
"...5, 5.1, 5.2 and 6.0 (The last "3" are 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista)..."

when it should read "...The last "4" are..."

Comments

• M$ FTP has teh service packs and notes describing them and their various uses last time I looked. IF this have changed you can download the ftp index and look through it.

NT 3.5 and up and available at MS downloads, the others were on FTP, have a look.

There is a pretty good summary right here as well

http://wiki.oldos.org/Downloads/OSUpdates

Anyhow, hope that helps
  • The quotation marks are there due to a previous complaint on the same subject.

-Q
  • well, ok. But I wasn't pointing out the quotation marks, In fact I didn't even NOTICE the quotes. I was pointing out the fact that it says "3" instead of "4", which could be read as 5.1-2000 5.2-XP and 6.0-2003 Vista not having a number,well that's what I thought of when I saw it like that. Other people think differently though.

I'm having trouble accessing the M$ FTP. Does WS_FTP even work with it?
  • I'm not sure about the FTP client, I'm still old school on FTP (command prompt) but I just opened ftp.microsoft.com no problem

try opening the ftp site in your browser
  • I am also trying to get all the recent service packs for windows NT 4.0 to use it as a web server. I know I need service pack 6a but do i need to download all other service packs as well? like 1, 2, 3,4 ,5 ,6 ,6a? Or are they accumulative?

Please Help
  • They're accumulative.
  • Service Packs are cumulative, Service Releases aren't (As I learned the hard way with Office 97!).

-Q
  • brill, thanks guys!!
  • You might also want to get the update rollup.
  • edited April 2007
    I'm having trouble accessing the ftp, still, even trough my web browser (Firefox) and (IE) it says its taking too long to respond but just recently, I got an empty directory at least

EDIT: nevermind, its working in WS_FTP. I forgot to change te port number last time I tried it
  • Try just running the "ftp" command from a command-prompt.

-Q
  • Most browsers make for really poor FTP clients, just so you know.