Windows 2000 (Duplicate)

edited April 2007 in Site Issues
Speaking of Windows 2000... Will you put that back on the server? I need it so bad... My Boss is freaking out that every computer in my office crashed due to a damn server error in Explorer.exe on every PC. I need Windows 2000 Datacenter Edition or Professional, PLEASE UPLOAD IT!

Comments

• Illegal. It's still supported and under copyright. You can buy it on, in China?, on www.ebay.com.cn .
  • Windows ME was of questionable legality, but 2000 is DEFINITELY still supported. WinWorld tries to stay on the "Old" side of the abandonware line, and that's not the side 2000 is on.

-Q
  • Technically I think the extended support is for 2000 sp4 or sp3

I seem to recall seeing something like that recently, but I wasn't paying attention too closely

Anyways, I think the "job on the line" thing is bullshit. If you HAD to have 2000 installed on your computers at work, you would have the CDs or at the very least, a license to the installs.

And if you didn't, you would explain to your boss that you didn't have them, and would require funds to purchase them.
  • Or, if you're willing to get them from WinWorld, why not places that have absolutely NO qualms about copyright?

-Q
  • AntiWin:

GET THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNET.
  • ka0s wrote:
    AntiWin:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.
  • Seriously, NOONE likes a user who shows up SOLELY to demand operating systems, including ones that are INCREDIBLY RARE such that noone has seen them in public distribution (Windows 1.00), or are definitely not abandonware (Windows 2000). We might be a little bit more lenient if you had legitimate posts, but otherwise you come across as nothing but a leecher.

And posting the substantially same thing in two posts in two separate sections within a few seconds doesn't help either: Post coherently; don't disjoint your story out across totally unrelated posts!

-Q
  • yeah fish, if like, he's gonna be vanished from teh interwebs, lemme know his IP so I can put in a firewall entry.
  • I'm not sure you can reliably do that, his IP is either a proxy, or something VERY strange is going on.

-Q
  • Or, he just lied that hes in China, and hes really in Tampa, FL, like both IPs hes posted from claim...
  • Yea, but on two separate ISPs? Or was that just home and work?

-Q
  • Home and school... Home and library, Library and school, Friends house and Home, who knows.
  • I'm guessing this one was the more formal/institutional one.

-Q
  • on an interesting note, you can often find early version of Aldus Pagemaker have windows 1. included in the package, I'm going to hunt through my junk :)
  • This should answer the ME debate, Microaoft don't support it any more:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/suppor ... pport.mspx
  • OMFG my boss wants to have anal sex with me and we need to upload it. Can i please have windwos vista ultimate uploaded, since i need windows movie maker to edit it. Jeesus christ.. if you are even in a business that needs it, tell your boss to go buy it off ebay.
  • I even posted the Chinese links for him-I don't think he understands the concept of legality, nor that of Ebay.
  • seriously you shouldnt have even wasted the time. If your boss is really that dumb then buy the discs yourself so you dont lose your job... i suspect this guy is some 12 year old kid with no real job.
  • I think he just wants to put it on a warez site.
  • Whatever it is, NONE of his IPs came from out of this country, so I highly doubt he's in China
  • china is piracy central why can he just buy a pirated disc. Which proves he isnt from there or doesent reside there.
  • He can't be bothered.
  • ka0s wrote:
    AntiWin:

I can't help but laugh at AntiWin.
  • yea, i pay good mone im gonna sue my ISP for having "bugs and a mediocore service"