MS Word 6.0 (for windows3) and WordPerfect 5.1 for OS/2 ??

edited April 2007 in Software
Hi!
I would very much like these programs
-
Microsoft Word 6.0 for Windows 3.x (the last release for the old windows)
and
WordPerfect 5.1 for OS/2

Anyone got them? Please check =)

Comments

• actually I was I who made this post. I just forgot to log in, sorry.
  • thanks=)
    actually its the specific OS/2-version of the WordPerfect5.1 that I "need".
    Happily suprised by the effort and fast answer. cheers!
  • I couldn't find ANY reference to it, sorry. I'll keep trying.
  • nor could I , seeing as the windows version runs well under win/os2 I can't imagine anyone bothered with it enough for it to become popular if it even existed.
  • Wordperfect:

http://www.vetusware.com/select-by/manu ... ?author=87

All 4.1/2, 5.1 and 6.1-all for windows/dos. They may work on os/2.
  • does os/2 use the same binaries as dos based windwos systems?
  • Yes-here's an example from google:

RAR (DOS & OS/2) (exe), from [company] - Software Downloads ...

The same file fits dos and os/2.
  • It has a DOS and Win16 compatibility layer built in. OS/2 runs Windows 16 bit apps with more stability than Windows 3.1 ever could.
  • ahh so exes run off os/2 thats cool to know. This interested me in trying to emulate an os/2 and see whats what.
  • Ah. Now I've unrarred and un'cabbed' all the files from the MS Office 4.3Pro, which I downloaded from this site, and found to my delight that it included MS Word 6.0(c) and that it was indeed the version for win3.x (it apprehended my OS-version as dos 5.0 .. haha)

And I'm sorry about the WordPerfect-thing, cause I made a little mistake. I was surfing this webpage before and misread that there was a WordPerfect 5.1 for OS/2, while in face the 5.1'version they are talking about is for DOS, and the only OS/2-version mentioned is 5.2, which indeed does exists (although I think I may be to slow for the computer I'm going to run.. we'll just have to see.. then again, maybe there is a bigger posibility that word6.0c will run slow on the same 486cpu) and I know from somewhere I maybe can download that WP5.2 for OS/2. I'll keep you informed if there is any interest. Thanks for your help anyway =)
  • UglynGrey wrote:
    It has a DOS and Win16 compatibility layer built in. OS/2 runs Windows 16 bit apps with more stability than Windows 3.1 ever could.
    alexzarach wrote:
    Here's an example from google:

"RAR (DOS & OS/2) (exe), from [company] - Software Downloads ..."

The same file fits dos and os/2.
    anantha92 wrote:
    ahh so exes run off os/2 thats cool to know.

Micke: Windows Applications like WordPerfect WILL work on os/2.
  • alexzarach wrote:
    Micke: Windows Applications like WordPerfect WILL work on os/2.
    I know. And I'm actually more used to MS Word than WordPerfect, but when I (thought I) read about a (32bit) version of WordPerfect designed for OS/2 I thought I might be the best wordprocessor OS/2 (atleast pre-OS2WARP4) had to offer, with maybe more usability and compability than early ms word for win16-bit versions and still not as slow as a similar (to WP5.1 for OS/2) 16bit-application that from the start was in fact not designed especially for OS2.
    Now that I once again have read the page that I gave a link out to above, I can see that the WordPerfect5.2 was maybe released..-and in some way made-.. for OS/2, but it was a port from the windows-version, so that maybe it wasn't as 32bit as it could have been. =)
  • Ah. I get it.
  • i have been looking for word perfect 5.2 for windows 3.x and for OS/2. I have the paper for stuff, but no working diskettes. Some of the diskettes failed to image.

I found PMWord and PMExasp for OS/2, and some of these have file names that appear elsewhere in the path (such as in the winos2 directory), but i did get PMExasp to work.

Some programs will run in DOS and OS/2 mode, as bound applications. Likewise, you can get DOS / Winnt proggies (like winimage's extract.exe). But these do not take advantage of the OS/2 PM shell.

RAR, for example, up to vers 2.50, was separate DOS, OS/2 apps, with a character-mode GUI. It is very handy when you boot from OS/2 floppies to run this version, rather than the later DOS/OS2 version [which uses EMX dll layer].

W
  • alexzarach wrote:
    that's for DOS, isn't it?
  • Not exclusively. Aren't windows 3.x OSs dos-based apart from NT3.51 and so on?
  • alexzarach wrote:
    Not exclusively. Aren't windows 3.x OSs dos-based apart from NT3.51 and so on?
    I'm sorry, I don't know what that means.
  • 3.x isn't really an OS, and even so, it's not based off DOS, it runs off DOS.
  • os2fan2 wrote:
    i have been looking for word perfect 5.2 for windows 3.x and for OS/2. I have the paper for stuff, but no working diskettes. Some of the diskettes failed to image.
    Here we go!
    WordPerfect 5.2 for OS/2. (haven't tried it myself yet, though I would be surprised if it did not work)
    http://www.divshare.com/download/483324-428
  • It doesn't load for me. :(