windows neptune build 5111 download?

edited April 2007 in Software
one of your older servers had windows neptune is it still posible to download i have had a extremly difficult time trying to find a download link and still havent found one because just about all links don't work on other sites so if it's still available on winworld i would like to know

Comments

• Would you mind punctuating that?

-Q
  • sorry the main thing i ment was could i still get windows neptune build 5111 of winworld because i used to be able to
  • Nope, beta OS's are illegal to be hosted on public servers.
  • but i know it was on here because i wen't to download it but my internet was playing up besides this is the only place i get os's from and i've gotten other betas off this site that are still here
  • Do they not have "." or "," in Australia?
  • yes we have those i just don't use them much.
  • Neptune is a beta somewhere between 2000 (Which we're not doing for some time yet) and XP (Which we're DEFINITELY not going near), so it's definitely out of our field.

-Q
  • I'm pretty sure they would have a download link to that on edonkey or emule. Check torrents too. Neptune was basically a scrapped OS, later joined with windows 2000 and XP was born. So since it containes bits of XP you wouldn't find that on winworld until about 2020(if we even go for that long, that is).
  • dont worry i found it on emule thanks
  • I seem to remember betas being on the server sometime back, on the sakana.ath.cx server.
  • yeh ive been asking people about it but everyone said that it wasnt on there when it was
  • I downloaded Windows Chicago and Memphis from it.
  • yeh i got chicago and started to get neptune but my internet srewed up
  • Arn't we not allowed to talk about private FTP servers on the other guest viewable public sections of this forum?
  • For various periods in the past, Fish's server (Which the latest name of is sakana.ath.etc) WAS the official downloads server.

-Q
  • I wonder what happened to it-I found the following link. I think it's in English, but am not sure:

http://www.downtracker.com/en/item/?Windows+Neptune

You will need winrar from rarlabs.com to extract these files.
  • arent we allowed because i didnt know i thought i didnt matter
  • it's alright i found a site with neptune on it
  • ok, what did you mean:

arent we allowed because i didnt know i thought i didnt matter
    ?
  • anantha92 wrote:
    Arn't we not allowed to talk about private FTP servers on the other guest viewable public sections of this forum?

i was talking about anaaths92 said
  • anantha92 wrote:
    Arn't we not allowed to talk about private FTP servers on the other guest viewable public sections of this forum?

That wasn't about the private section. It was about the old downloads server (sakana.ath.cx) which got replaced by downloads.ww.zimmy.ca. Coming to think of it, anantha92, YOU just mentioned it!
  • neptunes a lot like xp i installed it on vm
  • It was meant to resemble 2000. Neptune was the forerunner of Whistler which was the XP beta, but Neptune was more like 2000 than XP.
  • alexzarach wrote:
    anantha92 wrote:

That wasn't about the private section. It was about the old downloads server (sakana.ath.cx) which got replaced by downloads.ww.zimmy.ca. Coming to think of it, anantha92, YOU just mentioned it!

Ah ok sorry then. What do yuo mean by taht second part?
  • well i spose so i havent really ever used 2000 ive used every other windows exept for vista and 2000
  • anantha92 wrote:

You just mentioned 'private ftp servers'.
  • haha i get it.

(Trying to avoid using the phrase "lol")
  • neptunes logon is a lot like xps
  • NT 3.51 Is a lot like 95, minus the updated UI and start menu.