LaserJet 4

2»

Comments

• It is a wet liquid. I was moving it around and it was black ink. It was not dry. What i remeber was the printer was sent to some repair center. It was there for months. Its much slower now. And to the best of my knowledge it was using toner based cartridges before. I don't know why but im just stating the facts.
  • you sir, are not well informed whatsoever.
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah, LaserJets do not use ink.

You may be dyslexic and reading "DeskJet" as "LaserJet".
    Wikipedia wrote:
    LaserJet is the brand name used by the American computer company Hewlett-Packard (HP) for their line of dry electrophotographic (DEP) laser printers.
  • edited April 2007
    Edited as to previous edit

Thanks for supporting that... I can't believe there is an argument over something so simple and so damned obvious....

I suppose the sky is yellow with pink polk a dots too....
  • Shit, typo. Fixed.

On a sidenote, did you get my PM(s)? phpBB says they're still in my outbox.
  • I missed the PM notification, thanks for pointing it out, I was waiting for that addy.

At my age I get to call it a seniors moment <g>
  • Mistakes caused by senility are easily forgiven :D.

My eCheck clears Friday, and I'm hoping the JetDirect will ship Monday, then it'll arrive in 4-10 business days. Both the memory and JetDirect will likely arrive within a few days of each other.
  • LaserJet is _NOT_ ink. It uses toner cartridges, which is a cartridge full of black powder.
  • If it's ink, why doesn't the stuff come out of the printer wet? ;)
  • And why do laserjets never smudge? And why doesn't the 'ink' lift off the paper when water drips on it?

BECAUSE, ANANTHA,

LASERJETS USE TONER
  • For the record, I've seen spilled toner and it can look similar to ink if you don't really investigate.

And, keep in mind, he IS in Malaysia: His institution could easily be using some confused counterfeit labeled as a well known laser printer to make it worth more.

-Q
  • Duff wrote:
    I've seen some newer Brothers, we have a couple at TCS, but I don't care for their design, especially the separate drum and toner cartridge.

That paper jam issue sounds like it could be fixed with a $15 set of rollers off of EBay.

That's what I was thinking. But let's face it. I can buy a brand new laser printer for less than $100, and it comes with a toner cartridge already. And better resolution.

What would be nice is if I could somehow Frankenstein my old Olivetti PG306 (it drops toner down the middle of the page making a fuzzy line) and the HP and get a good printer for free... they probably have the same Canon laser engine anyway.
  • Unless I could get a newer LaserJet, I'd prefer a LaserJet 4 over a newer 'consumer' laser printer any day.
  • HP makes really good printers, at least in my experience.