Windows 7

2»

Comments

• UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    Haha, I would never say Linux had good driver support, I've seen and experienced some nightmares trying to get devices to work. I was just using it to juxtapose 7's difficulty with Ralink (Ralink!) drivers.

What Ralink card?
  • edited March 2010
    BOD wrote:
    UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    Why does everybody think that's what I'm saying? Did I say I was mad at Microsoft? Did I say that Microsoft should make these drivers? I said I'm upset that the devices don't work with Windows 7, even after installing the drivers. And yeah, I don't expect Microsoft to handle every piece of hardware out there, but when it doesn't even recognize that the hardware is there, I get a little upset. Do they really think it's okay to say "If Windows doesn't recognize it, it doesn't exist. To hell with what is physically there." It's not like I'm running some archaic device here. These are fairly new (And still in stores!) wifi devices.

Anyway after about four hours I got something working in a rather roundabout way, so I'm pleased with that.
    UP-ON-XPU wrote:
    Way to drop the ball Microsoft (And Belkin... And Netgear)

That was directed at it being completely oblivious to the hardware.
    CoreDuo wrote:
    What Ralink card?
    The Ralink was actually a Belkin USB dongle, I don't remember what the other cards I tried were.
  • UP-ON-CPU, FYI the quote BBCode needs double quotes around the username you're quoting.
  • Yeah, I always forget until after I post but I don't care enough to fix it. If you can't tell I'm used to IPB.
  • It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I don't know why, maybe it's OCD or something.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I don't know why, maybe it's OCD or something.

CDO, etc.
  • Well there, I've fixed it. >=(
  • CoreDuo wrote:
    BlueSun wrote:
    It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I don't know why, maybe it's OCD or something.

CDO, etc.

Yeah, I was originally going to put that but didn't feel like explaining it if someone asked.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    CoreDuo wrote:
    BlueSun wrote:

CDO, etc.

Yeah, I was originally going to put that but didn't feel like explaining it if someone asked.

It doesn't take much to figure it out :P
  • CoreDuo wrote:
    BlueSun wrote:
    CoreDuo wrote:
    BlueSun wrote:

CDO, etc.

It doesn't take much to figure it out :P

Sad part is you're right... first thing that came to my mind was this LOLcat pic I seen awhile back.