XP Paint?

edited March 2010 in Software
Can anyone send me XP or 2000's version of MSPaint? I don't particularly care to search through my discs and expand it myself.

Comments

• does somebody hate the ribbon?
  • Actually, I really like it for Office. I think Office 2007 is the best thing to ever happen to MS Office, it's just a bit awkward for MS Paint. I can I can use this as an excuse to finally try Paint.NET but really, I just want Paint for pasting screenshots and circling stuff sometimes.
  • Using the ribbon for something more complex like Office makes more sense than a simple basic application like paint.
  • I don't see what the problem with it in paint is, pretty much the only difference is the buttons are at the top not the side :|
  • It's been too long since I last used the new paint, but I remember there was some reason it annoyed me. Not like it really makes any difference. If I want to do graphics editing, I'll use a real editor like photoshop or something.
  • The only use for paint was to do screenshots for me, but now there's the snipping tool, which is far superior.
  • I almost got used to Windows 7's MS Paint.

But I have the old school XP MSPaint's interface way too ingrained in my mind and fingers to use anything else for what I use it for.
  • I remember now one of the things I didn't like about the new paint. The fill color for rectangles is fucked up. When you left click and make a rectangle, it uses the background color instead of the foreground color to fill it. That was something Windows 95 did that they fixed in 98 but now they've broken it again? wtf?
  • I could use it, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I think the Ribbon is way too big for something like paint. The toolboxes it had before were tiny and made sense. This just seems like something they did do make the ribbon more ubiquitous.
  • I'm still not a fan of the ribbon. I understand the idea, their reasons for doing it, etc. But I think it needs work.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    I'm still not a fan of the ribbon. I understand the idea, their reasons for doing it, etc. But I think it needs work.

it's not so much that it needs work but that it should have been released many many years ago.