Fish will remember THIS (probably wish he didn't)

QQ
edited April 2010 in Hardware
I JUST (yesterday) got the Toshiba working again! If you pick it up wrong, it sort of falls apart! I had to use your clear plastic pen cap to turn it on, but it boots to MS DOS 6.22!

I'm working on getting the Fujitsu to have a working screen (I so want it to work) and, after that, if I have time, it'll be the Sewing Machine next!!

-Q

Comments

• is that the Fujitsu that used to be tims irc machine?
  • Isn't this the great Q that everyone made a fuss about him disappearing?
  • stitch wrote:
    is that the Fujitsu that used to be tims irc machine?

Yep. Like I do to all my other PCs, I totally trashed that.

Q -- do you have any extra power cords for the Toshiba? I found my old Gateway laptop and was hoping to turn it into my server, since its of higher specs than the current forum server... but its missing JUST THAT HALF OF THE POWER CORD! I TORE apart every closet I could find at work today to try to find one and I just cant...
  • Hey Q! Nice to see you again! :P

@ Swifto: Yeah, it's great xD
  • If you count the other half of the Fujitsu power cord, yes I have a spare. I'm willing to trade it for something if you want ;)

As to trashing it, I think I did more damage to it than he did. Especially with my recent attempt to get the screen to work which didn't make it better or worse, but did ruin my old Ibook.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    If you count the other half of the Fujitsu power cord, yes I have a spare. I'm willing to trade it for something if you want ;)

As to trashing it, I think I did more damage to it than he did. Especially with my recent attempt to get the screen to work which didn't make it better or worse, but did ruin my old Ibook.

-Q
    [6:08pm] <@stitch&gt; Ka0s: Q's looking for you on AIM
    [6:08pm] <@stitch&gt; Ka0s: it's about your power cord

I dont use AIM, just IRC.

Anyway, I remember we tried to wipe the mud offf the inside of the screen and instead wiped off the reflective back inside LOL!
  • I just tried to use some aluminum foil for that and it did absolutely nothing. I really like that laptop too, the keyboard and everything (except the monitor!) is great... If I can't refurbish this one very well I may just try and buy one for myself (Unless I get another laptop or get one of mine working well, at which point I'll not feel like spending anything).

-Q
  • Ka0s wrote:

Anyway, I remember we tried to wipe the mud offf the inside of the screen and instead wiped off the reflective back inside LOL!

Elaborate.
  • Q wrote:
    I just tried to use some aluminum foil for that and it did absolutely nothing. I really like that laptop too, the keyboard and everything (except the monitor!) is great... If I can't refurbish this one very well I may just try and buy one for myself (Unless I get another laptop or get one of mine working well, at which point I'll not feel like spending anything).

-Q

I have a few cans of very reflective silver spraypaint in my basement... We could give it a try someday.
  • That would be amazzing if it did work, and if it didn't, no (more) harm done.

The only other thing left is the batteries, which were all somehow toasted (or the laptop was, I don't know which).

-Q