Win 3.11 Porgrams

edited November 2010 in Software
I'm looking to fill my windows install with some porgrams, but what ones I dont have a clue,

I know I need anti-virus, (for dos and win 3.11 viruses)
Alternative to ms office

and any other porgrams you can think of,

I have on the systems
Ie5
Adobe reader
Winzip
Office 4.0
Cd driver

Comments

• Well... you can get many apps from here..

http://www.oldversion.com/

Try it and see if you can get an old version of norton antivirus for it ^^

Cheers ;)
  • There is nothing there for w3.11 its all 95 and up,

as the lowest norton was 02,
    but I need names of porgrams,
    I have no clue what I want tho,
    lol
  • I'd say at least half the programs under applications are 16-bit, download some and try em out.
  • I know the ones here are, but I have no clue what to pick first, or whats good and whats not,

I need porgram names,
  • Photoshop 3: http://wdl1.winworldpc.com/(Abandonware)%20Applications/PC/Adobe%20Photoshop%203.05%20(3%C2%BD).rar

Print Shop Deluxe: http://wdl1.winworldpc.com/(Abandonware)%20Applications/PC/Print%20Shop%20Deluxe%20(3%C2%BD).rar

Norton Utilities 6: http://wdl1.winworldpc.com/(Abandonware)%20Applications/PC/Norton%20Utilities%206.01%20(3%C2%BD).rar[/url]

Copy and paste the links since phpBB2 doesn't like links with spaces.
  • Just use BBCode for the links... or modify the regular expressions in make_clickable(); to allow parenthesis, percent signs, etc.

Anyways, as for programs, the best way is to just try them for yourself... Photoshop is kind of a must have in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. You may never use it.
  • thanks, I like playing with photo shop, I got the norton tools, I can not see a use for it, I even own the real disks for it,

I just found a few boxes of old 5 and a half's so I am going to get my old system running to dump my disks, I think there is some interesting programs on some of them, I hope time has held up tho
  • Duff wrote:

Hmm, so it does... That's fixed in phpBB3...
  • There's tons of software for Windows 3.1 out there. Corel Draw 3, for example is one of the greatest vector drawing/poster layout apps ever written. Lotus Ami Pro also stands out as perhaps the best word processors ever written. Early versions of Cakewalk are some of the best MIDI-writing tools ever (better even than later versions because the later versions got bogged down with trying to double as WAV editors/mixers). As long as you're not dealing with things like RAW-format images or deep color, tools like Photoshop 3 or Publisher's Paintbrush can still be VERY useful for bitmap image editing/digital painting. The depth of application software for Windows 3.x is truly amazing: the current monoploies (MS for Business software, Adobe for Creative stuff, etc) hadn't yet solidified, so there were tons of awesome apps in competition during the 3.x era, which means that there's tons to choose from, so just explore and have fun.
  • I never thought the Apps war did not exist back then, But then again, I was not around back then,
    I'm just 16, so I dont know much about back then but I like classic stuff from the 80's and early 90's

But I am going to get some more floppys and start downloading,
  • I beleive I uploaded a copy of McCaffe security scan for DOS,Win3.X Win95/NT and Os/2 a while back if I did not then when I get my main system up and running agian I shall upload it to and ftp of stichs or something.
  • I have a Windows 3.1 machine but I don't really think AV is necessary. I just unearthed this old 386 last night... it's actually got Win31 and it has McAffee VirusScan on it, some old version. I would upload it but you may already have it and I don't know how to upload.

Anyway, Lupin's version should work fine but I'll check the version number anyway just in case - I just need to find a PS/2 mouse (I thought I had like 6 of those lying around, but when I need one, they all run away)