WDL1 back online

edited August 2010 in News & Announcements
The primary wdl1 downloads server is back online. Thanks to the fucking moron who decided to hammer, new rules are in place now.

Your maximum of download requests are now 4 per hour. We will not lift this limit for you, no matter how much you beg.

If you encounter a legitimate bug with this system, reply to this topic with details.

This also doubles as an anti-hotlink system for people who love to hotlink to our downloads.

ADD: This will fuck with download managers. If this is a problem, don't use download managers.

Comments

• I still say it's a shame stitch had to go to the trouble of implementing this because some moron thought hammering the server would be cool.
  • Yea, it sucks, I am having to move soon and go to dial up, so I would need to use a download manager soon,

but I hate it with ass holes do shit like this, Goes to show there is lots of people with no life
  • Sucks that this had to happen.

For those needing download managers, I can set up temporary FTP access to help you get the files you want. I only have 1mbps upload, but if you need a download manager I would assume you're not getting very fast downloads.
  • WDL3 now also has anti-hammer rules in place, these ones are a bit more download manager friendly. Maximum of three IP connections in total. WDL3 also has a bandwidth limit so you can't suck out everything.

May consider an anti-hotlink thing as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file