Who thinks I need a new system at my office...>

edited August 2011 in Hardware
Task manager under normal use:

capturepsa.png

Alot of times the CPU use is just maxed out under normal use.

Comments

• Depends on what the CPU is...
  • Aren't you using some P4 at your office?
  • stitch wrote:
    Aren't you using some P4 at your office?

Pretty sure he is.

If you have some sort of plan to upgrade or replace it, you should do it.
  • If it's a P4 it's probably five years old. Definitely time to upgrade, especially office hardware which usually is on a 3-4 year replacement cycle.
  • P4 - 2.8GHz / 2GB RAM / 160GB HD.

All the other PCs at work are 1.8GHz / 1GB / 20GB (and only have 100MB of free space), so imagine how much better mine is compared to that.
  • I assume all the others are also P4s. If I were in charge of IT in your office I'd definitely see if some major upgrades were a possibility, because those are likely old enough hardware that Windows will drop support soon enough.
  • I think it depends on what the systems are being used for. It's not like Office requires a Core i7.
  • we have a couple i3s floating around -- but most of the pcs here are simply used for office, internet explorer, and some mortgage banking software... nothing to need a brand new pc for.
  • Are you actually considering replacing this with a new machine, or is this just another opportunity to gloat about how you use old computers on a regular basis? ;)
  • Duff wrote:
    Are you actually considering replacing this with a new machine, or is this just another opportunity to gloat about how you use old computers on a regular basis? ;)

theres a Q6600 sitting in front of me waiting to be set up ;)
  • http://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/P ... 6883117064

Looking at getting that for my desk + Windows 7 Ultimate.

I'm tired of all these wires and pointless space being taken up. Plus this Core 2 Duo is getting old.