Time Zone Editor for Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/XP/2003

edited November 2011 in Software
To those who still use Windows 95, NT 4.0, 98 (both First Ed. and Second Ed.), and Windows ME, there is a way to edit your time zone and other time zones to change the clock on the Second Sunday of March at 2:00am to DST, and back to Standard Time on the First Sunday of November at 2:00am.

First, pop in the Windows 95, NT 4.0, 98, or ME CD ROM into your CD ROM, go to Start > Find > Find Files and Folders.

From there, in the search in, select the CD ROM, normally drive D:
type in tzedit in the search box, and click on find.

There are 3 results: tzedit (directory), tzedit.exe (Time Zone Editor Program), and tzedit.hlp (Help File for the program).
Double-click on the tzedit.exe (icon is the globe), click on your time zone, and click Edit. Then, from there, under the Start Daylight Savings Time, select Starting on: Second Sunday of March, and under the End DST, select starting on: First Sunday of November. Leave the times as-is, and click OK. You can do the rest for the other time zones, but you might waste 30 minutes to change the time zones for the DST effect.

If you have Windows 2000, XP (no SP, or SP1), or Server 2003, it's the same as Windows 9x and NT 4.0. Windows Server 2003 (either SP1, SP2, neither nor, or both SP1 and SP2), and Windows XP SP2 requires the update called Update for XP (KB931836). If this patch is already installed, you're in luck. If not, feel free to google the update. XP with SP3, Vista, Server 2008 R1 & R2, and Seven already are in effect for the DST update.

Source: http://www.uic.edu/depts/accc/systems/d ... ndows.html

Also, in order for Windows 95 to have the proper DST for Internet Explorer, you must have IE 4.01 installed or higher, otherwise Internet Explorer will have time zone problems.