Ultimate Boot CD ISOLinux "Aborted"

edited January 2012 in Software
Trying to boot to a copy of Ultimate Boot CD v5 on the Proteva. I get the following message:

ISOLINUX 4.0.4 2011-04-18 ETCD Copyright (C) 1994-2011 H. Peter NAnvin et al
aborted.
boot: _

I don't know what to type at the "boot: _" prompt, if I type ISOLINUX, then the message is repeated.

Should I re-burn the CD? It was working (even on this PC) up until today. Or must I replace yet another CD-ROM drive?

Comments

• Try to reburn the disk and test it again. I've had that issue before,
  • Alright though I'm guessing it's the drive - while installing Lubuntu I got *multiple* package corruption errors... :(
  • dang... it's not the CD. Unless it's the DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive I used to burn it, which I doubt. I burned a new CD from the ISO at 12X instead of 32X, and the problem persists.

What did I screw up this time, while putting the Proteva together? Is it that little CD_AUDIO header, screwing stuff up?

Ah well I can trash this old CD-ROM drive probably. I've got a couple I could replace it with.
  • That CD_AUDIO header has nothing to do with data throughput, it just pushes audio directly to a sound card (created back in the day where the computational cost to play a CD was quite a bit)
  • Well okay, but actually during my rebuilding of the Proteva I moved the optical drive from the lower bay to the upper one. I must have messed something up... but I didn't change any jumpers or... maybe I failed at putting in the ribbon cable. I'll double check that it isn't backwards or upside down -_-
  • bugmenott said:
    I don't think the ribbon cable could be backwards or upside down (unless that is a very old PC) because the connectors have a notch that ensures the cable is connected in the right position.

(sorry i'm high, i thought he double posted and merged it into gdea's by mistake, didn't realise it after the fact)
  • lol.

Any further information regarding this thread will be covered by "System Hangs" in the hardware section.