pci to isa adapter + fdd

edited April 2012 in Hardware
Hello I want to know if there is a non-ebay site that sells pci to isa adapter cards. I need one so i can use pci cards in an isa slot. Also where can I find a fdd for my p3 pc. I need the the thin 3.5" floppy drive.

Comments

• First of all, is there even such a thing as a PCI to ISA adapter? How the fuck would that even work?

Second, we're not Google. Search on Newegg for a floppy drive, if you don't want to use eBay. Otherwise, try and find a local mom and pop computer shop... they probably have a stack of them gathering dust in the back room.
  • Even if they did exist, the speed would be utterly terribad.
  • I've never heard of such a device, and don't think any one had even thought of developing such a device.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_S ... chitecture
  • If he thinks they do exist, he might be thinking of a riser card. Other than that, there are actually PCI to USB converters you can get. With some creative case modding, a lot of swearing, and a case of alcoholic beverages, you could come up with something useful.

Otherwise, if you really need PCI, you're better off buying a new motherboard.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    If he thinks they do exist, he might be thinking of a riser card. Other than that, there are actually PCI to USB converters you can get. With some creative case modding, a lot of swearing, and a case of alcoholic beverages, you could come up with something useful.

Otherwise, if you really need PCI, you're better off buying a new motherboard.

Well I didn't know if they exisisted or not. But now I know they don't exist.

PS. Well I found a great floppy disk drive + flash memory reader from newegg.

for those who need them: http://www.floppydisk.com/
  • I haven't touched a floppy disk in ages and my life has been infinitely better because of it. There are some obsolete technologies that I miss, but the floppy disk is certainly not one of them.

Hell for that matter, I'm starting to dislike optical disks.