I need help with .TD0 files.

edited August 2012 in Software
Hello, this is kalvn again.

Teledisk is giving headaches. Apparently, the version of Interactive Unix 2.2 release 3.2 on ftp.themacarchive.net has all of the disks, including looking glass desktop manager and motif development system. However, When I tried to write those images from MS-DOS 7.0 in virtualpc 2007, with Teledisk 2.11, 2.16 and 2.23 (Because the remaining 35 disks missing from the archive of Interactive Unix 2.2 release 3.2 on winworld were in teledisk format) disk 65 is reported to have a CRC error. I've searched around google again, but no matter what I find, only a few pages talk about teledisk itself. Is it possible that disk 65 (Interactive Unix 2.2 Motif development system Disk 2 out of 4) is damaged? Or is it the programs fault? I had no other problems, but a glitch in Teledisk 2.12, made disk 65 write without errors. However, I'm not sure if it was written correctly. Those empty 5 1/2, 1.2MB floppy images were created with Magic ISO. Is there alternative programs that can write .TD0 files correctly, or is there a .TD0 to a .img file converter program available? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S I ran the teledisk checker program that came with the archive and it was reported to be ok. No errors were present.

Comments

• http://www.fpns.net/willy/wteledsk.htm
    I glanced over this info, but I don't have the archive here to bother testing at the moment. There was some info on converting teledisk files to a different format on there, however this involves doing 2 conversions to get a .ima file (which should be readable by a program like winimage or rawwrite.
  • I done some converting (Just to test), and writing using teledisk. Disk 65 still ended up having a file CRC error. I tried to email the maintainer of the ftp site, with no reply. If you do want to test the archive, this is where I found it: ftp://themacarchive.net. For info with login, go to http://themacarchive.net/.

For the archive itself, ftp://themacarchive.net/bsd%20-%20other ... 3.2%5D.rar
    You will be asked for authorization, and the login is both guest.
    If you don't want to bother testing, then thats ok. I have suspected the uploader has a defective disk, and is not worth fixing. The other archive that was split into 2 parts, has broken data on disk 38.

Hopefully, data is still recoverable on disk 65.