ABC Cub Cadet (POS)

edited December 2012 in Software
Hello everyone, Me, my brother and father own a small hardware store that specializies in lawn mower blades , and anything small engine
What I have is a 20+ yr old POS (point of sale) dos based os that my father bought back in the early 90's 91 to be exact. The problem I am facing is the system was originaly purchased from our Hardware distributor for the reasonable price of about $$10,000 which included a ( IBM personal 300 , cash drawer, okidata printer, star micronics reciept printer and some other stuff that is irrelavent, the software that is currently on it is IBM OS/2 [windows 98 and MS-Dos 6.22] when u boot the machine it has 8 options for booting { windows, windows safe, something something and 8 is previous verison of dos. ONce u enter 8 of course u are at the C:/> prompt then u enter abc and enter. All is fine on the system but it is geting clitchy and its the only one we have both backups are down and of course TRU-SerV are Hardware distributor no longer supports that system and only want 12,000-15,000 for the nice and shinny system. PLus lawn mower stuff is our bread and butter I actually cloned the Harddrive earlier this year but i cloned it to a external usb HD and it wasn't formatted right, I know this is getting long winded I have the clone files is there a way to make them bootable or have them in a virtual setting I have tried a little with ORACLE VM box I got dos 6.22 going but I need alittle guidance ,,,,,,, would eventually like to change over to quick books or something is theree any way to transfer data,(accounts recievable , and inventory) without manually doing

thanks shawn

Comments