What is you favorite OS?

edited July 2013 in Software
Hey i like a OS (Not provided)

Comments

• who gives a fuck?
  • i care rouge :D my fave is skyOS wich i got here and MS-DOS 1.0 Wich i got from betaarchive ftp servers
  • I have two comments to contribute.

49n.jpeg

Also. If your favorite operating system is Mac OS, why did you obviously vote for Windows? There are only two votes up there, and I voted for Linux.
    5j9.png

That is all.
  • It's pretty simple, he's 13, mentally disabled, and his parents can't afford macs.
  • 1. The fuck is wrong with all of you? i mean really everybody seems retarded i am completely and mentally fine 2. my dad is a huge mac hater and that is why we have no macs 3. i chose windows because i cant vote for mac because i haven't used anything newer then panther
  • if anyone cares, i think linux is beast
  • It's called a Hackintosh. I ran 10.6 on this for the longest time, until I got sick of it. Now I just run XP like a normal person. :P
  • What normal person still uses Windows XP (except for a few specialized applications) in 2012?
  • This topic makes me lol from the apparent clash of personalities.

Personally I prefer Linux. Not as a desktop but as an overall favorite OS. This is mainly since I actually put more hours of the day into server based platforms vs. desktops. Plus, there's the fact that I'm actually building my own firewall/routing platform based off of Debian.
  • nightice wrote:
    What normal person still uses Windows XP (except for a few specialized applications) in 2012?

The really cheap normal person. Who doesn't want to buy more RAM to run 7, lol.
  • nightice wrote:
    What normal person still uses Windows XP (except for a few specialized applications) in 2012?

The really cheap normal person. Who doesn't want to buy more RAM to run 7, lol.

Any computer made in the last 5 or 6 years should have no problem what-so-ever running Windows 7.

I've run Windows 7 with as low as 512 MB of RAM and it ran just fine. It was perfectly suitable for daily use, but obviously not if you do heavy multitasking. But the same could have been said of XP, honestly. Windows 7 handles its memory very well, though 512 MB is the lowest you can reasonably go to. Just for shits and giggles, I ran it with 256 MB once. Ran like shit. And with 128 MB it refused to even boot.
  • I found that out the hard way. 7 manages memory much better than XP. I'd still like to have more than 2GB of RAM though.
  • Hey i like a OS (Not provided)

BTW, it was Mac even when he runs Windows. If you run Vista, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND INSTALL WINDOWS 8 ON YOUR PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Linux is an excellent operating system because it has so many applications. Linux is for desktops, servers, smartphones, embedded devices, and more. Windows fails terribly when you install a lot of software, but my Ubuntu 12.04 system is still going strong. I use it as my primary OS, and I host a website on it. Mac OSX is for those people who wouldn't normally use FreeBSD, but just can't resist OSX's looks.
  • iandun wrote:
    Mac OSX is for those people who wouldn't normally use FreeBSD, but just can't resist OSX's looks.
    No it's not, it's for people who don't care to understand how computers work. Which is way more people than you would think. I told my parents to buy a Mac last time they were looking for a new computer and they have had far fewer problems than if they had gone with Windows.
  • Hm, It is a tought choice. Linux is my favriote OS, but BSD is my Second and React OS is a close third and I mean realy close. Now can we stop picking on the one person who runs a Mac ok. If you like the fell of a Mac, but like the power of Unix then go with Pure Darwin. Enough said.
  • ReactOS, while a neat idea, is an enormous pile of shit.
  • What do you mean? React OS just needs some programer suport. Yes the forums are divided on the Linux drivers issue witch I suport Linux drivers on ROS. I also know about the RBSOD that looks similer to Windows. Pure Darwin does not even have an ISO or Virtualbox Image for Xmas yet and no I will not use Nano! I will be installing ROS on my hard drive soon so I will have it running at full power.
  • if i had to make a definite decision, it would have to be Fedora, simply because i hate windows for anything other than gaming, and since steam is on linux, that's isn't even a point anymore
  • What do you mean? React OS just needs some programer suport. Yes the forums are divided on the Linux drivers issue witch I suport Linux drivers on ROS. I also know about the RBSOD that looks similer to Windows. Pure Darwin does not even have an ISO or Virtualbox Image for Xmas yet and no I will not use Nano! I will be installing ROS on my hard drive soon so I will have it running at full power.

If ReactOS had a larger team of developers and people giving it proper attention instead of regarding it as a joke, then yeah, maybe it could go somewhere. But it's been in alpha since I first heard about it almost 10 years ago. So it's still a mostly useless pile of shit. Who knows? It could change in another 10 years, but I wouldn't put my money on it.
  • I don't konw weirder things have happened like George W, Bush being ellected.
  • I don't konw weirder things have happened like George W, Bush being ellected.
    s31.png
  • The 12-year old is great in this thread, young ones.